Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chloenkitty

Fireplace help in open floor plan

Virginia Mary
10 years ago
Hello all. We are building a home with an open floor plan and are replicating this popular kitchen from here on houzz. I actually have a sectional that is very similar to the one in the photo as well. The big difference in our home is that our family room will have 16 foot ceilings with tall windows. Since the windows will be tall and the kitchen is white, there will be a lot of light. My floors will be different,they will be a wide plank distressed hickory to add a rustic touch. That will be the flow through the house, contemporary with rustic touches.
My main question is about the fireplace. I think I should stick with a white mantle in keeping with the contemporary look, but what would you do for the facade? I am considering a stacked stone perhaps, carrera marble or even something else. As you can see, I am stuck on this and would like suggestions. I do not want to put a big tv over the fireplace, I really dislike that, so I hope there will be enough wall space on the wall opposite the windows for a tv. I considered putting the fireplace on the long wall with the windows in order to out the tv on the short wall so it can be viewed easily from the kitchen as well, but don't think I'd like that. Would appreciate and enjoy your comments/opinions. Thank you :)

Comments (4)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio