Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
perlalilo

How can I make my living room looks bigger?

Perlalilo
10 years ago
Hello.
Mi small living room has a triangular distribution and I don't know how to distribute furniture or if I need another kind of it.

Comments (12)

• giniaginia
    10 years ago
    it's an interesting house. I think you did a nice job by dividing the room. I like the layout. How the kitchen opens up to the dining area and all the windows. Can you post another pic of the area by the glass doors to get a better understanding of the space?
  • Perlalilo
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you giniaginia!!! Here is the picture. What we have there, is a hallway to the bedrooms.
  • Rina
    10 years ago
    Now that the two-seater is gorgeously dressed, you could move it back a bit, I think?
  • Rina
    10 years ago
    PS Your coffee table is too small. Consider a bigger glass-topped table, perhaps.
  • giniaginia
    10 years ago
    The throw is a good idea for the back of the love seat. I like the little round table in front of the sofa, it looks like the perfect size for that space. The white wicker chair is cute. You could cover the cushions and repaint it ? That far wall at the end of the kitchen should have a mirror.
  • giniaginia
    10 years ago
    You could also move the TV a little closer to the doorway. Move the sofa toward the dining area. Get rid of the love seat and put the chair where it was. And possibly add another chair in the back corner.
  • Perlalilo
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Rina: I apreciate a lot your suggestions and of course I will include them all to see the difference! I love the idea of adding a throw, specially if I found one as artesanal and colorfull as the one you show. I have a glass topped table, so that´s easy to accomplish.
  • mcbriec
    10 years ago
    Since I love the bohemian look, I like Rina's suggestion re throw to improve the back of the couch. However, when I did that for my couch I was constantly putting it back on the couch because it was always falling off. I think a very narrow console table will improve the look without the probs associated with throws.
  • Perlalilo
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    giniaginia: great idea of moving the tv and sofa to enhance the room! I´ll also find out about where to take my wicker chair for a new paint and covers: it´s really old :( I had not noticed that. What color do you suggest for the cushions?
  • Perlalilo
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Another problem I have is about decoration style, because I just put in this house what I have, so I´m sure there is not any defined look. Mcbrien mentioned the bohemian look, and I like it. I also love cottage, rustic and spanish-colonial: If you could add some recomendations, I´m going to be really greatful.
  • PRO
    Angelo Design
    10 years ago
    I would add an area rug in your sofa area to tie this grouping together. I would replace the floor lamp and add a larger end table with a table lamp instead. Finally, can you hang your TV to cover the cable cord? If you can, then I would add interesting artwork on that TV wall to add interest. Small pictures, a few large ones, positioned around the TV, can carry up the wall and add visual height and interest to this wall and accent the uniqueness of the area. It's an interesting room. Good luck!