Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
slmilosz

Samantha Milosz
12 years ago
What exact type of wood is this? What finish is on this wood (what stain and urethane level)? Thank you kindly - they look INCREDIBLE!
brantley palmer · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Jamestown Builders
    12 years ago
    This floor is solid 3/4" walnut with no stain, just clear polyurethane.
  • monicageistwhite
    10 years ago
    Our floors looked like this when we had our home built 7 years ago. Beautiful and I loved them! We have a lot of windows (with a covered patio and uv windows) and unfortunately our floors have still faded very badly and turned an "orange'" color. Not the look I was going for and am now stuck with it.
  • PRO
    Domain Interior Studio
    10 years ago
    could it be the urethane that yellowed and not the wood? Perhaps they just need refinishing with a something more UV stable?
  • monicageistwhite
    10 years ago
    My floor is 3/4" solid walnut. No stain, it was sealed and finished with Bona floor finish. Thanks for the advice, maybe some day we will have them refinished. They still have a good finish on them but I didn't know about checking for UV stability. The flooring under the rugs is a much different color now than the rest of floor. It doesn't appear to be the Bona since the the area that gets the most sun is almost all the same "orangish" color now. The former brown areas have lightened considerably so there isn't a lot of variation in the planks anymore.