catherine12
12 years ago
where did you find the hearth stone
Indian Hills Living Room · More Info

Comments (9)

• PRO
    Gloger Construction
    11 years ago
    I'd love to know where the hearth stone is from as well. We are having trouble finding one that is all one piece like that.
  • keri helton
    11 years ago
    I would like to know as well. I like a solid hearth vs a pieced together one. Thanks
  • thebigvolfan
    11 years ago
    Does anyone know where to purchase the hearth stone yet?
  • PRO
    Buechel Stone Corp
    11 years ago
    Looks like you guys are having a hard time here. The stone on the fireplace looks similar to our stone, and the stone on the hearth looks like Indiana Limestone with a rockfaced face. We make and supply all sizes of custom hearths in a large range of color options.

Indiana Buff · More Info

here's a video to show how it's done.

Hope this helps!
  • catherine12
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    We found ours at Luck Stone in Raleigh, NC . They had to special order it from the quarry. We gave them our desired measurements and they had it cut for us. I will post a photo soon! It weighs over 800 lbs. It took 8 men to lay it on the hearth.
  • PRO
    Buechel Stone Corp
    11 years ago
    Will be nice to see. They buy from us from time to time... What would be the odds they purchased it from us:)?
  • akozak25
    11 years ago
    What is the height of the hearth? I am trying to determine a height tall enough for people to sit on but not too tall. Any help is greatly appreciated! Right now they have my hearth a little taller than 7". That is too short for me. Thanks! :)
  • PRO
    Buechel Stone Corp
    11 years ago
    I used to tell people to sit on a bunch of options in the showroom - I'd say the most common was at least 12"