Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lauralena

Help with European-style cabinet pulls

Laura Lena
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
I have a small galley kitchen and am looking to get European (modern) door pulls (as in the photo below). I have espresso slab cabinets. One side of the kitchen (with appliances) has several 15" wide uppers (42" length). The other side has six 15" x 42" cabinets on top. On the bottom are three 3-drawer stacks, each 30" wide (two big drawers topped with a third small drawer). My contractor suggested pulls 6–9" for the drawers (every drawer the same size pull) and 3–4" for all the cabinets (every cabinet the same size pull). Opinions? And should there be a specific ratio? For instance, should the larger handles be twice as big as the small? One-third larger? Two inches larger? Please help.

Also, can anyone suggest top-quality ones that aren't majorly expensive?

Thank you!

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    10 years ago
    I usually do the pulls to match the cabinet so find a look you like on one cabinet and then use a ratio similar to that for the rest. LeeValley has these pulls in many sizes and are great value, you can order on-line and they have a good catalogue so you can get just the right size.
  • PRO
    User
    10 years ago
    My guideline is to go with a length that is about 1/3 the width of the drawer front or door.
  • PRO
    Flavin Architects
    10 years ago
    We would suggest keeping a consistent relationship between the cabinet pull and the cabinet door as Patricia mentioned. In this kitchen renovation, we specified a longer pull throughout for a more modern feel.
    Laura Lena thanked Flavin Architects