Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannie_nguyen

Summer crops

Jeannie Nguyen
10 years ago
As the weather gets warmer and warmer, we want to know what summer crops you're looking forward to!

Post your favorites in the comments and if you have a garden of your own, share a photo with us!

Grace Design Associates · More Info

Comments (13)

• ncntada
    10 years ago
    Corn and tomatoes too! :0)
    Jeannie Nguyen thanked ncntada
  • grobby
    10 years ago
    Heirloom Brandywine tomatoes. Our home/garden is in a very shaded area - not so good for tomatoes.
  • Shari
    10 years ago
    looking forward to our luscious plums, figs and the veggies from my raised beds, and possibly a few apricots if the squirrels don't get each and every one!
    Jeannie Nguyen thanked Shari
  • Curt D'Onofrio
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Our plums and cheeries. As you can see both trees are still small, but for its size the dwarf plum tree (left photo) yields more than we expected. The cherry one not so much cheeries last year (may be five...but we have this undieing optimism )
    Jeannie Nguyen thanked Curt D'Onofrio
  • Kathy Dunn
    10 years ago
    Tomatoes and more tomatoes! Homemade gazpacho with my own tomatoes!
  • User
    10 years ago
    Purple hull peas, tomatoes, and corn!
    Jeannie Nguyen thanked User
  • PRO
    OMNIA Group Architects
    10 years ago
    One of our favorite summer plants in the Hatboro, PA area is Oregano!!! When you open the jar of dried oregano in the middle of winter and sprinkle it on your pasta or pizza…ahhh, heaven, especially knowing that you grew that wonderful smelling herb!
    Jeannie Nguyen thanked OMNIA Group Architects
  • Laura Benjamin
    10 years ago
    Wild cherries, blackberries and raspberries this year, and in another two, hopefully, blueberries from potted bushes.
    Jeannie Nguyen thanked Laura Benjamin
  • pepitasuave
    10 years ago
    Squash, pumpkins & greens. Some all summer & some in the fall. Perfect!
    Jeannie Nguyen thanked pepitasuave
  • clme
    10 years ago
    Looking forward to tomatoes, pears and concord grapes. I usually donate most of the pears and grapes to the food bank.
  • Margaret Kottelenberg
    10 years ago
    I had a large vegetable garden for many years. I grew strawberries, green beans, onions, kale, tomatoes, carrots, corn, pumpkins, cucumbers, lettuce, peppers, rhubarb, zucchini etc. When my kids grew up and no longer helped with hoeing, weeding and canning, it became too much work and tied me down. Now I only grow a few veggies for eating fresh ... Tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans, rhubarb, and a variety of herbs ...especially my favourite - basil. I planted raspberries last year but the birds ate every one before they ripened and the plants have sent suckers growing up all over my garden so I think I will get rid of them. Gardening is as good for the soul as it is for the body and there is just something about enjoying the fruits of your own labor.
  • Karen F
    6 years ago

My beefsteak Tomato plant. When I first bought it was only 2 inches high so I had the fellah plant it for me in this vegetable garden he did where also my chives are growing and you should see it now!!! It has 7 tomatoes growing on it and he kidded me saying the first one to ripen he will take. I said sure go ahead as I can't eat that many of them myself I bought a tomato cage for it but it outgrew that and so I had to get a stake from another couple whom are also growing tomatoes that had extra ones on them and tie to that. Here is a picture of it that I took today.

and here are a few of the tomatoes growing on it. How ever here it seems everybody is getting lots of them but they are slow to ripen or staying green due to us hardly getting any constant sunny days with all the rain in the forecast. Can always bring them indoors and wrap them in newspaper and put them in a dark corner.