Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gdjhouston

Thoughts on interior paint colours for our house

gdjhouston
12 years ago
My wife and I just bought an older (1934) home in Texas. It is our first ever home purchase, and so our first go at making design decisions. I wanted to solicit some thoughts on good paint colours for the interior of our home. I have a couple of questions:

1. Does it make sense to keep all the same colours for all 4 bedrooms? That is one one designer suggested. We have two kids under the age of 2 - so they won't care what we choose for them!
2. The same designer above mentionned the colour selection upstairs should help drive the decisions downstairs. And again, uniformity in all of the downstairs rooms.

I guess I like really neutral colours. Our kitchen cabinets will be white, like an extra white 7006 from Sherwin Williams, with a honed marble counterop, and the island will have some contrast with a darker walnut stain on its cabinets. It will kind of look like something I have seen in a couple of restaurants out in Napa Valley. We could be selling this house in a few years, so I kind of wanted to keep things as appealing to as broad a base as buyer as possible. If anyone wants to post me their thoughts and colour used, that would be great!

Comment (1)