Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
robertjrusa

Are Ductless Mini-Splits the Future of A/C?

MiniSplit Heat
5 years ago
Квартира на Белорусской · More Info

Comments (3)

• MiniSplit Heat
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Air conditioning has come a long way since its inception over one hundred years ago. What was once a luxury of lavish living is now part of the modern American lifestyle for millions of families all around the country, as the majority of homes contain an air conditioning system.

Some types of air conditioners are well known and maintain traditional placement in our homes, such as central air conditioners and window air conditioners.

However, others need a little more light shed on their benefits, and one such type of air conditioner that is still somewhat new to our society but increasing in popularity is ductless mini-splits.

Ductless mini-splits have a distinct method of operation and offer unique benefits to home and business owners, but will the pros of mini-splits push them to the forefront of the air conditioning industry and position them as the most widely-used kind of air conditioner in the not-too-distant future.

• cgelle
    5 years ago

except they are an eyesore in the house esp if you have a traditional style home. We put one in our home and it's on a focal wall. I have not found a way to nicely camouflage the unit without taking away from the overall look of the room. For the few short months we use it (cooling only) it was not worth the cost. They work great but please do not diminish the fact that the look of them is something to consider as well. I was told that you won't notice it after a few months. Let's just say, that has not been true. I have gotten used to seeing it true---but it has not made me like it any better. It takes away from the overall look of a very traditional room. I have regretted doing this.

• Franco Oyuela
    2 years ago

No matter which manufacturer you select, if you go with a ductless mini split air conditioner, you won't have to worry about noise. On average, ductless air conditioning units run at about 32 decibels. According to IAC Acoustics, an industrial noise control resource, 30 decibels is about the equivalent of being in a “quiet rural area.” It’s a little louder than rustling leaves, which emit 20 decibels of sound. In other words, you’ll still hardly hear it.