Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jellohouse

Gigantic master bathroom OR 2 ensuite bedrooms?

jellohouse
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Our house has a very large master bathroom (6'2" x 18'10"). Yes it's almost 19 ft long!

It's laid out in such a way that it would be easy to cut a door from one side of the master bathroom to bedroom #2, and then to divide the master bathroom into two very reasonable sized bathrooms (each approximately 6 ft x 9.5 ft).

Our house currently has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, where the master is ensuite and bedrooms #2 and #3 share a hall bathroom that's also used by guests and also houses the washer / dryer (there's no powder room and no separate laundry room).

If I did this conversion I would end up with 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, and bedroom #2 would be like a "junior master". OR I could just keep things as they are and have one enormous luxury master bathroom with separate shower and jacuzzi soaking tub.

We are remodeling anyways as the bathroom is very dated, but obviously it would be cheaper to keep the existing floorprint than to divide this bathroom into two. Do you think it's worth it to do the conversion?

Comments (4)