Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drrich_uk

Hi, please could you tell me how you fixed the wood laminate to the wall?

drrich_uk
10 years ago
SOUTH COOGEE - House · More Info

Comments (20)

• PRO
    CAPITAL BUILDING
    10 years ago
    These boards are Laminate timber floorboards and they were secret nailed to the timber wall studs - great result!
  • Mohammed Sha
    10 years ago
    Is there a trick to using the secret nailer on a wall? (it's heavy I imagine)
    Also, do you think solid wood floor boards can be used on a plasterboard wall? If not, would it be a good idea to fix the floor boards on a soft wood sheet while flat on the floor, and then raise it on the wall? Would that work?
  • PRO
    CAPITAL BUILDING
    10 years ago
    It would be best to use a fix out gun rather than a secret nailer as the impact of the secret nailer may be too heavy for a light weight wall. We also think it is best to fix it directly to the wall. The result is fantastic!
  • PRO
    CAPITAL BUILDING
    10 years ago
    Great job Richard!!! Now you can enjoy it as much as we enjoy ours. We are so glad it was a great success!!!
  • Maplemar Glazer
    10 years ago
    Where did you get the laminate floorboards on the wall? We'd love to do the exact same thing! Great project!
  • drrich_uk
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Hi maplemar, are you asking about Capital Building's original feature or my wall? I believe Capital Building used Kronostep Super Natural Classic (colour is 8631 Castle Oak) laminate. For my project I used High Gloss Canyon Moradillo Laminate from the Wickes DIY store in the UK.
  • Maplemar Glazer
    10 years ago
    the wall behind the bed...
  • Maplemar Glazer
    10 years ago
    Sorry the Capital Building wall (although you did a great job too!)
  • drrich_uk
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    :) Ok, I think Capital Building have kindly added tags to their photo which gives both the floor and wall material, the latter definitely being the Kronostep Super Natural Classic (colour is 8631 Castle Oak) laminate. Good luck with your project! :)
  • Maplemar Glazer
    10 years ago
    Thanks! I'm in the US (not sure where they are) but used an Amtico product (wood-like laminate) and loved it for flooring. This product seems similar. Thanks again.
  • PRO
    CAPITAL BUILDING
    10 years ago
    It seems that while Australia slept lot's of chatting has been going on around the rest of the world on Houzz!!! The great thing about using the flooring on the wall is it doesn't matter what depth or what quality the flooring is as long as the colour and finish is what you are looking for. There are so many amazing products and colours available now - head to your local flooring supplier and you are bound to find something!
  • Maplemar Glazer
    10 years ago
    Thanks!
  • Chris Blanch
    10 years ago
    Hi I am looking at doing a wall in my house with laminate flooring aprox 5 M long. Have you had any trouble with expansion or movement of the boards?
  • drrich_uk
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Hi Chris, I've been through a summer and winter with my boarded wall and haven't noticed any expansion or contraction. Regards, Richard
  • Chris Blanch
    10 years ago
    Thanks Richard, I will start looking at some designs, there are loads out there to give an interesting look.
  • Mohammed Sha
    10 years ago
    While looking into various options, i experimented with bark fence. It was a very inexpensive option, used very fine small nails, hammered by hand, light weight material and tools, one man job. I could cut the bark using a big scissors (used the garden scissors:) ). Tip: paint the wall dark brown before putting up bark, so gaps hide. I did this in August 2013, and it is still standing all right (it's March 2014 now)
  • PRO
    CAPITAL BUILDING
    10 years ago
    With regards to expansion and contraction - we have had no problems at all. If you use natural timber and depending on the conditions in the room it might be something to consider!
  • PRO
    Creative Spaces Interior Design, Inc.
    9 years ago
    Hi, Did you use any adhesive of any kind, or just simply used nail gun? Did you have to remove any existing paint"
    Thanks
  • PRO
    CAPITAL BUILDING
    9 years ago
    We used glue and secret nailed and it has given a great solid result!