Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elaine887

Living room help design

elaine887
10 years ago
I want to put more Color to my living room and to add a small sofa or some change lol
Any suggestions???

Comments (24)

• Carolina
    10 years ago
    Can you post more photos so we can see the entire room? You can add images if you click on the comment box under here and use the attach images button.
  • elaine887
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    More pictures
  • Carolina
    10 years ago
    What's on 'this side' of the room, the side where you've taken those shots from? Can you take some photos from where the sectional is towards the dining area? And what's on 'this side' of the TV? Just to get an idea of the entire space. It will us a better idea of the possibilities in your room. The more photos, the better :-)
  • elaine887
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Ok so from the other side I have the kitchen, where the sectional is the dining table.. After the TV is the refrigerator.... I'm looking to bring more life to my living room I was thinking to add a white coach, with gray rug.. What you think?
  • PRO
    Westchester Design Center Inc.
    10 years ago
    Are you planning on keeping the chair and sofa you have there now
  • elaine887
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Maybe the sectional, but I'm open minded.. Maybe I'll get rid of the coffee table...
  • Sarah Sally
    10 years ago
    the black sofas against the black rug look quite dramatic, it looks. How about painting the ceiling to add colour? I'm not sure what colour would look good though. Perhaps you could get a nice heavy wooden coffee table to replace the current one, and a few cushions to complement the ceiling if you did decide to paint it.
  • elaine887
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I was thinking more of adding colors to the existing without touching the walls..
  • PRO
    Westchester Design Center Inc.
    10 years ago
    Get a nice chocolate color coffee table and get a multicolor area rug maybe with red, orange and some light beige. Replace the your paintings with colorful ones and that should help.
  • PRO
    Lion Windows and Doors
    10 years ago
    You can add different color chair or table it will make the different
  • Carolina
    10 years ago
    Adding white and grey isn't really adding 'more colour'. But maybe you don't really feel comfortable with colour? Changing the black rug for a lighter rug would 'lift' the room, make it look lighter and brighter.

Contemporary Family Room · More Info

basement remodeling · More Info

Instead of adding another couch, that will probably take up a lot of space, you could maybe add a comfortable chair and put it angled towards the sectional. Something like in this picture, but maybe not yellow ;-)
    Home Staging · More Info
  • PRO
    Dana Decals
    10 years ago
    Pillows on your couches. They can be rearranged, are functional, and would give you the pops of color that you're looking for. They can also be very inviting.
  • elaine887
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    What do you think about this one??
  • elaine887
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    This type of pillows ^^
  • mpoulsom
    10 years ago
    carolins, does it look like the sectional could be placed in the opposite way facing the far wall and the tv where the couch is now?
  • elaine887
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Actually yes, but the thing is that we have a 65" TV and it won't go on the wall, also if I put it opposite so it will block the entry if the house.... Its kind of stuck :((
  • mpoulsom
    10 years ago
    It looks like it would fit on that wall...........but pics are deceiving!
  • mpoulsom
    10 years ago
    I like the apple green idea for more color! And a rusty orange color with work with that as well, along with lavender!
  • mpoulsom
    10 years ago
    here's the color combo i was talking about without the purples.....

OR here's another idea.....purples, golds and black??? Throw some leopard into the mix!
  • Emma Connelley
    10 years ago
    I can help you
  • elaine887
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Love the teal idea, I think I'll get some off white rug and teal pillows?
  • Carolina
    10 years ago
    mpoulsom, my thoughts exactly :-) I did wonder if the TV could go on the wall where the sofa is and the sofa where the TV now is.
    Can you post more photos stylela80? So we can see the other side of the room?

Anyway, furniture arrangement aside, I don't think you should add pillows to your sofa. It doesn't 'feel' right with that sofa I think. Do you always have the cloth over the coffee table? What kind of table is hiding under it?
    Would you be open to more colourful art on the walls? And curtain panels?
  • PRO
    Leicht Westchester-Greenwich
    10 years ago
    You might also want to consider built ins in on one wall to define the space. Here are some photos of a modular system where you can add shelves, drawers, hook up your tv if needed. There is space behind it for all the wiring to give it a clean look:
    STYLE: Paneel · More Info

Style: Paneel · More Info

Here's are some other examples too:
    DUTCH kitchens: TRADITIONAL style · More Info

Best of luck! Let us know if you have any questions.