Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jackkate2

Love this kitchen! Could i ask the cabinet height without the added soffet and crown! Thank you.

jackkate2
11 years ago
San Jose Res 2 · More Info

Comments (14)

• PRO
    Fiorella Design, LLC
    11 years ago
    8'
  • iwasthinking
    11 years ago
    He wants to know the height of the cabs, not the top of the cabs. So are they 30", 36"..? That soffit is way too big. Should be taller cabs, or live with a space at the top. Again, for me, that soffit kills what is otherwise nice cabinetry..
  • iwasthinking
    11 years ago
    Who am I? Apparently not one of the"150,000 lovers". I said I like the cabinetry, but clearly the soffit is too, insert your own descripiton here -- [big, high, large, weighty, over-sized...] And the double crown is not the solution -- too fussy.
    Go with the taller cabs (and a smaller soffit) -- of course the top of the taller cabs are unusable -- but it looks better than 12" of plain board. Besides anyone who can afford a kitchen like that doesn't need to worry about seldom used crockery or china gets left up in the hinterlands of the top cabs. I am, of course, happy that your clients love it.
  • PRO
    Fiorella Design, LLC
    11 years ago
    I don't mean to sound sassy, but I don't think its helpful to comment negatively. Every project, client, budget, existing conditions, etc, drive how a project gets created. Overall, I'd say it's an extremely successful kitchen, and full home remodel and I'm proud to have been the designer for it and the owners.
  • PRO
    Bill Fry Construction - Wm. H. Fry Const. Co.
    11 years ago
    I've always thought that Houzz was a place to celebrate! It is too bad that we're seeing more and more negative comments in the community. The fact that seven Houzz writers have highlighted this kitchen in their featured ideabooks certainly gives a hearty two thumbs up for this kitchen! :) Rhoda
  • madisonridge
    11 years ago
    Beautiful Kitchen Design, we are actually using your design as our inspiration. (LOVE THE SOFFIT) What style of crown molding did you use? We are struggling to decide on the crown now. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.
  • PRO
    Paul D'Amico - Period Design
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    I would Love to cook in this kitchen I would even enjoy cleaning it with Opera playing in the background.
  • Debbie J
    10 years ago
    I think your design and materials are wonderful. I love your kitchen and have put it in my idea book. Thank you for our creativity.
    Debbie
  • Jan Drobny
    10 years ago
    I like real comments even if they are negative as i am trying to decide to leave in my current soffit and just install new 30" ones or take it out and leave that 7" of empty space which isn't good for much or put in 36" cabinets or put in 24" and 12" cabinets.???
  • User
    10 years ago
    Should be cabinets with crown moulding & no soffit OR cabinet with no crown moulding with a soffit with crown moulding at ceiling... Not both.
  • User
    10 years ago
    If you wish to have double moldings, then a "crown" moulding goes at the top...like a crown on your head, but if you must use a moulding between cabinet & soffit, then a proportionately scaled chair rail, bullnose, etc, wall moulding would be better than 2 crowns a short distance apart vertically...just a thought.
  • Julie Stephenson
    10 years ago
    Personally I love this kitchen and the dramatic molding & soffit. I have to have a soffit to hide some venting and pipes and I don't want it all the way across the wall with the window. This picture gave me the idea to do a partial soffit and crown on either side for some great drama and glamour. Thank you Fiorella Design for posting your kitchen design.
  • kareneliza
    10 years ago
    Question for Art2Arch: Your suggestion for a double crown moulding, chair rail or bullnose on top of cabinets interest me but I can't picture it. Do you have any pictures you could post that demonstrate your idea?