Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
simonsezlin

neolith kitchen countertops

Linds
8 years ago

Ordered neolith polished estaturio and just found out that the polished product can stain, scratch, chip as opposed to its other finishes. I will have to cancel. Has anyone used the Neolith and if so which finish did you order and how has it held up. The videos show that it is suppose to be a remarkable product, but not in the polished. I'm in the middle of my reno. Cabinets are shiny white slab style. Going for contemporary look. Backsplash not ordered yet. Any neolith reviews or suggestions for another countertop will be appreciated.

Comments (2)

• PRO
    TheSize
    8 years ago

Dear simonsezlin,

Thanks for your interest in Neolith and for sharing your concerns with us.

Your statement “Neolith Polished can stain, scratch and chip” is not
    accurate. Neolith Polished does not stain as Neolith is non porous and does not
    absorb any liquids. Though, there are certain recommendations with regards to
    cleaning products which must be followed to maintain its glossiness level.
    Neolith Polished does not scratch easily (any easier than other engineered
    surfaces). However, given its beautiful high-degree
    of shine, we recommend taking caution when dragging certain objects (ceramic
    knives for example) on the counter as they can leave marks and surface
    scratches. Furthermore, it does not chip if the right use is given to
    the countertop.

We are happy to give you some background about this finish: Neolith
    Polished stands out for its high degree of gloss and a perfectly linear
    reflection which mirrors at its best the way in which precious marbles and
    stones look naturally; adding depth, realism and sophistication to the given
    designs. Neolith Polished finish, unlike the other Neolith finishes (known for
    its extreme resistance to scratches, abrasion and harsh chemicals amongst
    others) – Satin, Silk and Riverwashed – and similarly to other polished
    man-made surfaces or engineered stone, is a more delicate texture that requires
    more care and precaution when it comes to scratches and the use of aggressive
    households cleaning products. Neolith Polished slabs are recommended for
    residential use in countertops applications; interior and exterior cladding;
    and interior flooring with low pedestrian traffic intensity with no outdoors
    connection. We do recommend though that you read carefully our Polished Manual
    which includes a recommendations section for cleaning, care and maintenance. http://www.thesize.es/web/index.php?pg=6&spg=1&catdescarga=02&descarga=000192&idioma=en

If you give us your contact details, we would be happy to put you in
    contact with one of our distributors who can advise you about the difference in
    the finishes and make you see in person the resistance of each option?

We look forward to hearing from you!

TheSize Team.

• Linds
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    I consider myself an educated consumer. No where in my readings or on the videos did I see a disclaimer about the polished finish. I watched chefs cut on it and metal balls drop on it with no negative effects. I would have been very unhappy if it had been installed and was not as "indestructible" as I had believed it would be. That being said, I will go and look at product with the original finish and hopefully find something I like.