Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
desertculinary

Wolf Double M ovens - has anyone experienced this?

desertculinary
8 years ago

We recently installed Wolf M Double wall ovens.
In the top oven, I've tried baking scones, shortbread and cookies.
Using the convection setting with racks on 2 and 5, the baked goods on the right side of the pan on rack 2 are getting much darker than the rest of the pan, while on rack 5, the baked goods on the left front side of the pan is having the same problem.
We had a tech come out today and said the self-diagnostic didn't indicate any problems and his thermometer read the correct temperature and there wasn't anything he could do.
Any thoughts?

Comments (9)

• desertculinary
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Here is what white bread, toasted, looks like - baked with convection, on rack 2.

• wekick
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Also this

M- uneven baking

i think it is very unfortunate that Wolf did away with the "convection bake" mode which is a slower fan speed. To me it was much more useful than the convection mode. High speed is good for roasting but not baking. I think anything with sugar is much more sensitive to differences in heat and air movement.

I would try standard bake and it might be possible that your baking pan lip/ lack of lip could be changing air flow. It might help to try different pans. Having adjustable fan speed is a reason to buy an oven if you bake.

• kitchengirl
    8 years ago

I AM a little concerned about losing that feature in the new M, wekick.

• desertculinary
    Original Author
    8 years ago

That is an interesting observation about the lower fan speed, wekick - this is our first Wolf appliance, so I didn't know about that.

We haven't noticed a problem while using the standard bake option using 1 rack, but that defeats the purpose of spending 8k on an oven that touts everywhere being able to bake on multiple racks at the same time without having to rotate pans.

• PRO
    fltnav
    8 years ago

I have found a Major problem with the M series
    The oven has a temperature swing of up to 50 degrees above or below the set point and the mid point is at the set point. Wolf keeps refusing admit that you can't use it for either cooking or baking. The studies were done from 200 to 450 degrees and kind of average 0 only at 350 degrees in the bake mode. Wolf only wants to analysis the problem at 350 in the bake setting try cooking something at 200 and see what happens it will either burn or be raw.

• artistandcook
    6 years ago

Welick

I am still fighting my issues with the Wolf M Electric Ovens. So far the comments are to switch the pans? Can you imagine rotating pans when making cookies. I thought opening the doors, especially to switch three cookie sheets would throw off the temp. I too noticed a difference in them with upper and lower ovens.

• Alex Rowland
    3 years ago

This is a few years late, and I wish we would have read this before purchasing our double M ovens, but ours produces the exact same results. Cookies and other items turn out "more done" depending on which side of the oven they're placed. Very annoying. Now the lower element won't turn on (aka the lower oven won't heat up at all) and after 3 separate tech visits, it's still broken. They've replaced the mainboard, lower element, and it still won't work. We're at a loss of what to do.

• artistandcook
    3 years ago

Is it still under warranty?