Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rehousedesign

Anyone seeing any new business from listing in houzz?

re:house design
12 years ago
I'm a new user here at houzz, an architect and I'm wondering if any other professionals who have been here a while have seen an uptick in business that they can attribute to the site?

Comments (41)

• PRO
    Liza Hausman
    12 years ago
    We're hearing many stories from professionals that this is the case. Here are some examples:

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-03-14/an-online-antidote-to-the-housing-bust

https://twitter.com/#!/search/decormentor%20houzz
  • PRO
    Get Back JoJo
    12 years ago
    I haven't yet
  • PRO
    Kisarau Architect, LTD.
    12 years ago
    No, but my current clients love this site, so... I better use it or else!
  • PRO
    Get Back JoJo
    12 years ago
    In the design profession it is an essential to get involved in these more socially connected sites.
  • PRO
    Get Back JoJo
    12 years ago
    I do see a lot of designers giving away a lot of information that is valuable
  • PRO
    Madison Modern Home
    12 years ago
    We have gotten three solid leads from Houzz. We're in the process of estimating our services for all three, and hopefully they'll become clients. They all told me they found us on Houzz
  • PRO
    Get Back JoJo
    12 years ago
    That is great! Good for you!
  • PRO
    Madison Modern Home
    12 years ago
    One thing that helps us is that we're in Los Angeles, which is a huge market
  • PRO
    Get Back JoJo
    12 years ago
    Fer sure.
  • PRO
    Toni Sabatino
    12 years ago
    I am just finishing a job where the client found me on HOUZZ. I also find that it is incedibly useful to show to clients. Being able to look at samples of different styles and colors, ventilation, farmsinks, island shapes, counter materials, etc...all in one organized place, helps greatly in refining what I am going to create for them.
  • PRO
    COASTROAD Hearth & Patio
    12 years ago
    I've been on here for a year or more, without any contact to speak of, but three potential clients have contacted me in the last two weeks, one of which may lead to much more work.
  • PRO
    Get Back JoJo
    12 years ago
    Interesting
  • PRO
    Dig Your Garden Landscape Design
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    I have a great landscape design project in the SF Bay Area in progress with a wonderful man who found me on Houzz! And just this week another person in San Francisco contacted me and I have a landscape design consultation scheduled for next week. I guess I'm lucky and I'm grateful. Hang in. And thank you Houzz.com!
  • PRO
    Get Back JoJo
    12 years ago
    Your profile looks awesome (Dig your garden....) I am not giving up. I really haven't developed my Houzz presence but I am trying to fit that in as well as doing everything else that I do. Thanks for the info.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Thanks for the compliment Joan, I like your style too! Good luck.
  • PRO
    Glenna Partridge Garden Design
    12 years ago
    I have had a number of direct phone calls, and 3 direct client sales from joining the site at the end of January 2012. Having my portfolio of work on this site has been of great value to me besides direct sales. I can see what fellow designers are doing in all the different metro areas/countries which is inspirational. There is a lot of talent on this site and it only makes you strive for better when you put yourself in a big pool of talented designers! The discussion board on the site is a great way to see what potential clients are seeking information about and I do like to help out the community by answering questions. Also, the direct comments to my work are so helpful to show me current opinions about trends in my design field. All in all I love the site.
  • Lauren
    12 years ago
    I am not a professional but I wanted to make a comment. I think this is a great site for getting ideas and maybe give someone the bug to improve their home. I am not ready to do anything yet but when the time comes I will know have a place to turn to for some help.
  • PRO
    Archipelago Hawaii Luxury Home Designs
    12 years ago
    Yes, we have gotten two projects and we use it as a tool with our clients. Some of our clients do not live here, so the design process is done via telephone and internet. Houzz as been a great, user-friendly site for us and our clients.
  • PRO
    Get Back JoJo
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    I have had several new calls due to HOUZZ exposure and one is out of state!
  • PRO
    iCADservice Co. Ltd.
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Not yet. maybe because I specialize in CAD drafting. By the way, come visit our website www.icadservice.com and tell me how do you feel about our portfolio. :D
  • PRO
    Dekko Concrete
    10 years ago
    We have loved being on Houzz and found that we get quite a bit of traffic from here. I would suggest looking at how to get good rankings and reviews, this helps quite a bit. Best of luck!
  • PRO
    Toni Sabatino
    10 years ago
    Follow up to a comment I left here 14 months ago, i have had a major increase in interest in my work because of exposure on Houzz. Houzz has changed the way I do business and I am excited to be a member of this supportive community.
  • PRO
    Dekko Concrete
    10 years ago
    I think it took us at least three months to have customers start contacting us.
  • PRO
    Kisarau Architect, LTD.
    10 years ago
    We have a couple of clients that "found" us on Houzz. It helps to have as many projects up as you can to show your capabilities.
  • PRO
    Liza Hausman
    10 years ago
    G5 - Reviews are very important to prospective clients. It would certainly help not hurt you to have some positive client feedback on Houzz. Take a look at the profiles of the folks getting business and you'll see they are complete and robust. Let us know if you need any help.
  • PRO
    Murals and More Decor
    10 years ago
    G5 - We design and create tempered glass backsplashes and are located in Coquitlam. We have had projects gained from exposure on Houzz. In fact, just in the process of finishing up a custom piece for a client right now. I consider Houzz one more useful tool in the overall marketing tool kit. Please get in touch if you would like any more details. You can find my contact details on my profile page.
  • PRO
    Welcome Home designs
    10 years ago
    I'm pleased with the latest business I've been getting from Houzz.com. A client contacted me from as far away as Ottawa as she was moving to Coquitlam and wanted a local decorator to help her set up her new home being built.
  • PRO
    Designer's Edge Kitchen & Bath
    10 years ago
    I have definitely seen referrals coming from my professional site on houzz. I appreciate that I can share ideabooks with clients and also easily update projects and add photos.
  • PRO
    3D Rock Wall Art Decorations
    9 years ago
    We are newcomers and reading all the comments I get the feeling that Houzz has only US users. We are in Bulgaria and I really hope the future will prove me wrong. Thank you!
  • PRO
    Welcome Home designs
    9 years ago
    It has taken a while but this year I had 3 clients find me on Houzz. And mostly because they were looking for a local decorator in their area. I guess it's all in what clients are looking for. Good luck to all!
  • PRO
    Hawkins Landscape Architecture/TriadGarden
    9 years ago
    I have been on HOUZZ for a while- but did not update or add to my profile for a long time. Now that I have updated it- I have gotten more leads that have found me on HOUZZ. I'm a believer! Love the site and so do my customers.
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    I'm so fortunate and so pleased to say that Houzz has been a major resource of continuous referrals for my landscape design business in the San Francisco Bay Area. Besides the personal great news, I'm thrilled that word has spread so widely about Houzz and so many people are using this wonderful resource for design ideas and inspiration. A big thank you and bravo to Houzz!!!
  • PRO
    Urbana Design Studio
    9 years ago
    We currently have a large renovation project that was a referral from Houzz. I think Houzz is one of the most targeted tools available to reach prospective clients (aside from referrals). I rarely meet a homeowner that is not using Houzz (and the one's who are not, thank us for providing them with the site). I definitely believe Houzz has increased our exposure and interest in our business. - Shannon
  • PRO
    Get Back JoJo
    9 years ago
    I have gotten even more interested clients BUT I will say half of them have absolutely no concept of budget or what things cost. Honestly I love Houzz and I think they do a great job BUT budget minded people can't look at most of the interiors of homes and realistically get the same look for a 5k budget!
  • Radlie Hunter
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    It depends on where you live and how interesting the offer is. I do agree with the comment directly above me that half of them have no concept of the cost.
  • PRO
    ep visualz - Architectural Rendering - 3D Models
    9 years ago
    I started getting inquires within a couple of months. I add new images regularly and modified the wording in my business description and I believe that has helped. I am also in a rather unique business niche and that probably helps my visibility.
  • PRO
    Ceramiche Musa
    9 years ago
    we uploaded on HOUZZ recently and we need to get exposure especially in USA. so far no contacts but I think the portal is useful especially when we will be able to sell ceramic tiles directly. we have 70 years of history and a huge heritage so I am optimistic for HOUZZ
  • PRO
    Home Reborn
    9 years ago
    I am a design-build contractor in Toronto. I set up a Houzz account last year and got project inquiries pretty much from day one, and I probably receive about two to three project inquiries a week. It helps that I am careful about taking good photos of my work and posting a LOT of them - I've put up over 350 photos of over 60 projects. I'd estimate that about ten of my pictures get "Ideabooked" daily. Soliciting client reviews is also helpful, as is answering questions from Houzzers promptly. Not all inquiries lead to contracts of course, but enough do to keep me busier than I have ever been. Houzz rocks!
  • PRO
    Anita Roll Murals
    9 years ago
    Yes I have! Products I sell online as well as mural jobs.
  • PRO
    BRUM FAUX FINISHING
    8 years ago

Hi Anita. You are the first artist I have seen in perusing the comments here. Are you under Artists and Artisans? Good to see someone on here that does something similar, although not exactly, what I do.