Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bichonluver3

Baffled by Paint Undertones

bichonluver3
9 years ago
Hi Tracy!
I decided to go with your suggestion of using Mega Greige and Incredible White throughout my son's house. I bought samples and I have a question. To me, the paint appears to have green undertones but I wasn't sure if that was the case. How will it be with dark teal accents and taupe-y beige sectional in the LR and black and white bed linens in the master bedroom? Thanks so much for your advice!
Tracy Miller · More Info

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Tracy Miller Designs
    9 years ago
    This s a pretty cool/warm grey and sometimes these greys can pull an undertone depending on the light that comes into the room.. I have used this paint in various homes and havent gotten green coming through but you have to play with it, paints can be very tricky and costly if you have to redo it. I always tell people if you have to hire a designer for one part of your project hire one for an hour to pick your paints, they usually have a ton of experience with what tones certain paints pull. If you would like a tad warmer direction try Sherwin Williams strip that has virtual taupe on it. The virtual will be much darker than this but there are shades lighter that will give you a little bit of a warmer feel, tony taupe is one of them I believe. I have used those colors in tons of homes and they are just warm enough that beige and teal will go with it and I would use the lightest color on there for your whites so they are a soft transition. Hope this helps
    bichonluver3 thanked Tracy Miller Designs
  • bichonluver3
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thanks so much! Don't think there are too many designers or color consultants in Enid, OK! lol. I liked the Mega Greige. I just wanted to be sure the accent colors they like will work with it. I took the sample board outside and you are right. There is no green so it must have been a reflection. Thanks, again. Carrol
  • PRO
    Tracy Miller Designs
    9 years ago
    You are welcome good luck and you are sweet for doing this for your son!
  • bichonluver3
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    ;) See you when they finally move permanently to Texas!
  • PRO
    Tracy Miller Designs
    9 years ago
    awe, gorgeous couple!!
Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living