Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

This weather STINKS..What about yours?

meyermike_1micha
10 years ago

Yup...Just when I thought it was spring, everything freezes after starting to bloom..

29 degrees still at 11:00 a.m. with winds gusts of 35 miles per hour...70 yesterday..
I awoke to snow too with the ground frozen...Covered snow pots...

Mike

Comments (7)

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    10 years ago

Hey, Mike....as you know, the weather's turned warm out here in the West. Allergies are in full swing, too. The aphids are covering cars in "honey dew" and making a sticky mess. 63F at 8:55 in the morning, warming to the high 70F's at least.

Josh

• David Shawver
    10 years ago

Mike

It's been pretty nice here in south central Texas. Mid to upper 70's or low 80's during the day and low 60's at night. Veggies are doing great.

• sean_m
    10 years ago

Started off gray this morning, but it's 76F and sunny now. Not sure how anyone can complain about this type of weather. :)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Hi Mike!!

Yesterday it was 80 degrees.. Then the cold front hit and it dropped the temps down into the mid 30's. mmmmmhmmmm , had to bring in 40 large Plumeria. All of the others trees and tropicals are still under the lights upstairs and in the greenhouse. I thought I could bring out the mature trees in the hopes of the temps being around the mid forties, but NOOooooooo!

Wind gust up to 70... We had a huge coal ship break for its mooring and was adrift in the bay.. I have never seen weather like this. It's totally unbelievable.

I'm really tired of this weather ... If I was in Florida.. I wouldn't be complaining!!! ;-). Lucky you!!!

Hi Josh... I was thinking of you last night. My Squill needs to be repotted and I'm going to split them . How are yours doing?

Happy spring to you!!!

Laura

• seysonn
    10 years ago

Our PNW weather has turned nasty too. Today's high is 53F and tomorrow will be 52F. That is about 10 degrees below average for this time.

Like they say: Weather, you can talk about it but you cannot do anything about it. So let us all start whining. :)

• woohooman San Diego CA zone 10a
    10 years ago

Well, you had to ask. LOL

Kevin

Here is a link that might be useful: Sorry

• tommyr_gw Zone 6
    10 years ago

Winter won't let go where I am in the Hudson Valley of N.Y. 28 F. the past 2 mornings. upper 40's during the day. Last week we had upper 70's and an 80 degree day. Had to cover my carnivorous plants the past 2 nights.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting