Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeaninwa

Glass birdbath totem

jeaninwa
15 years ago

Hi! I'm an "old-timer" who doesn't have a garden anymore, but still loves garden junk! I made a birdbath for my cousin that I thought turned out very well..........

{{gwi:163216}}

I used a crystal drawer pull in the ceiling light fixture to plug up the hole. Everything else is found objects from the thrift stores....oil lamp, vases, ash tray, light covers, microwave tray....

This is the second one I made. I think they are beautiful....

Jean

Comments (15)

• maryy2004
    15 years ago

It will be even more beautiful in the sunshine - great job !

• imjustsam
    15 years ago

I think it is beautiful too. I just went on our city's garden walk today and realized that you can not have too many birdbaths. They were all sizes tucked away in plants, by the ponds, in the driveway, on porches, most anywhere. I can picture yours among some tall purple flowers trailing all around. I really love it.

• laurastheme
    15 years ago

This is really beautiful! I'm really getting the birdbath bug. It's hard to find bowls that aren't either too deep or 2 shallow.

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

WOW! I really love this birdbath. Great shape and balance in the pieces! I bet it will be great outside with the sun reflecting through it!

• shysue
    15 years ago

A big welcome back, Jean. I remember you from my early days of lurking. Your bird bath is just beautiful! Your cousin is going to love it.

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Lucky cousin and lucky birds! I agree with marlenee_2008 on the balance of the pieces. The colors are very pretty too - subdued so they don't take away from neighboring flowers but still a pretty neutral tone to be able to stand out on its own. I also like all the different textures. What a great idea to use a glass light shade for the bowl and to use a crystal knob to plug it up! Thanks so much for sharing!

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

What a great bird bath :) I'm still looking for another punch bowl to repair my bird bath; my happy dog knocked mine over. I love the old amber glass kerosene lamp, I'd look up and see how much it's worth! :)

• jeaninwa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you everyone! I'm glad no one said anything about the mess on the table! I was in the process of moving when I took the picture. LoL
    The oil lamp I found at a thrift store for $1.50...no biggy, and it fit perfect upside down in the hole from the light cover. kudzukween, that's exactly what happened to the first one I made, only it was my brother's happy dog. I turned it into a gazing ball stand.

• nonacook
    15 years ago

Glad to see you made your way back to see us!!!
    We have missed you. That lamp is a 1970's model, so it is not a REALLY old one-LOL. I guess it depends on your age whether it is old or not.....

• waterlily_girl
    15 years ago

Hello!

What a bautiful use of recyclables! Did you use a special glue to hold all of the pieces together?

• jeaninwa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

waterlily girl....yep...and the tube is sitting right there on the table...lol silicone for windows and doors.
    I should say I didn't glue the top piece because I wanted my cousin to be able to take off the bowl and wash it if she wanted.

• butterbeanbaby
    15 years ago

Jean, I remember you too! I'm sorry you don't have a garden anymore, but you still have talent and someone to appreciate it!

• Bright199
    15 years ago

Hello Jean,
    Glad you decided to drop in and show us your wonderful creation. I just love amber glass. Lucky cousin to get a gift like that!!

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Jean - Way to recycle ... nice birdbath..love the amber and the bowl on top...I'm glad you're GJ'ing ... ENJOY!
    Jeanne S. (good names', uh?)

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

JUST SIMPLY FABULOUS ! ! !
    I Adore the colors....and the shape....
    FANTASTIC JOB ! ! ! Thanks for sharing the pics !
    and the wonderful ideas !!!
    It is just wonderful !!!
    God Bless !
    SusieSunshine