Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
craftylady_2006

Wow - Welcome to all the Newbies!

craftylady-2006
15 years ago

I am really impressed with all of our new members and their sharing their garden projects just these past few months. I must say I believe there are a few new busloads of Newbies coming out of lurkdom this Summer, it's like Summer Camp! I think it's great and just want to say Welcome to everyone (if I missed telling you in your first post). This is such a wonderful place to come to and relax and enjoy the garden scenery all around. And the folks here, well the folks here are just the best all around too!! When's the last time you could say you had so many friends.

If there's anyone else out there still in lurkdom, I just gotta say "Come out, come out wherever you are." "Ally, Ally in Free." We want to hear from you and see your projects, "that's what it's all about." HEY!!!

Sal

(Yeah, sometimes we're corny too, but that's ok, we like it.!)

Comments (24)

• Kathryn Botard
    15 years ago

If you weren't corny, you wouldn't be a gardener. Get it, wink, wink. Corn, gardening.....????? Well, maybe not.
    I'm pretty much a newbie too. I just love pictures of everything garden, yard, home. A lot of the yards here are so relaxing. I know it will take years, but I'm up for the challenge and being here is a good place to start.

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Sal, thanks for offering a warm welcome. I know I'm horrible at welcoming new folks to our group so I sure appreciate someone else who does! Let me take this opportunity to welcome all the new and extremely creative folks around here! I'm glad people were able to master posting pictures fast, I love all the new projects and ideas!

• willow87
    15 years ago

Okay....I've been lurking for about five months...but you've convinced me to come out of lurkdom. I will post pics tommorrow of what I've been doing. It's nothing close to what you all have done. I heart you gals and guys! You are so amazing...tipsy da to Garden Junking...btw....thats a toast :)

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Way to go, Sal. You pulled Willow right out, and now we will get to see more photos and have another fun new family member here. Big Welcome to you, Willow. And everyone who's new that I might have missed.
    "GJ Summer Camp", good one, Sal.

hugs, Karen

• craftylady-2006
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am sooooooo happy to "see" you Willow, welcome to the Junk Yard. See now, that didn't hurt at all did it! I'm sure you'll have a nice time checking in on what others are doing and leaving your own thoughts on different things. I look forward to seeing your garden projects. Below is a link to a msg I did awhile back about posting pics. If you need more help, please, just ask. There's always someone willing to lend a hand around here.

Sal

Here is a link that might be useful: Posting Pics W-Photobucket

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

I'd like to jump on the Welcome Wagon here......lol....I've also noticed all the new members, and posts. I want you to know that I've tried my best to check out all the new posts, and love everyone's creativity....I just don't have as much time as I used to to comment or add any new projects myself...I haven't even taken photos in a long time!! I'm still getting the very best of ideas here from my Garden Junk friends :)
    Happy Junqueing,
    Cherry
    " This little piggie went to WalMarket"
    my five year old grandson :)
    I'll try to take photos of our Toad Houses, they came out so cute!

• weave1022
    15 years ago

To quote Willow.... "Tipsy Da to ALL!!!"

• nonacook
    15 years ago

I agree--WELCOME to all! I have had to stop sitting at the computer as much (my eyes),
    so I sometimes miss welcoming folks.

http://members.cox.net/nonacook

My garden is full of weeds now and barely looks like this anymore.....

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Well yall I am one of you newbies and I thank you for your warm welcomes. I lurked prob close to 3 months because I didn't know if I had that much talent. But as I read posts day after day I realized that you all were very supportive and most of all you all are so willing to share your ideas, experiences and knowledge of materials etc. that you use or don't use. I know I've learned a lot here. But my want to do list is forever growing. My thanks to you all.

Kathy

• daisydal
    15 years ago

Sal, what a great idea and you are a sweetie for thinkin of it. Yes, I agree, even though I just "came out" a short time ago, I feel like this is my new family and I really dont feel like a newbie anymore, thanks to you all. LOVE it here! Welcome everyone, you have now officially been adopted into this family! Now go on and give yourselves a big hug from us all, ya hear! blessings-sherri

• shysue
    15 years ago

I am so glad you posted this, Sal. I haven't been here much lately because we have been remodeling, and I didn't have time to comment on everyone's beautiful work. I have been looking when I got the chance and I must say that all of the newbies have some wonderful junk! Welcome everyone!!!

Helen

• akup_a
    15 years ago

My own family doesn't welcome members as nice as this family does. Not only do we get inspired here but we share ourselves too. And that's what gardening is all about.
    I'd love to post pictures but I'm extremely computer illiterate. I'm nearly illiterate without the computer! It takes me months & months to figure out how to do simple things and then I get frustrated and end up in ADD overload. But, I'm working on it.
    In the meantime, I love seeing & hearing about everyone's creations. The garden is where I'm closest to God & to be joined by Garden Junkers makes it extra special.
    So, join one & all, share & be loved.
    Vickie

• daisyme
    15 years ago
  • texasfern
    15 years ago

Being a "GJ Summer Camp" newbie myself I can say wholeheatedly that I have felt very welcome and inspired.
    Not too much going on in the way of gardening for me this season, but the inspiration has been priceless and just what I needed.
    Thanks to all.

• karendee
    15 years ago

All of you are so nice.
    I have been lurking for a bit and posted maybe once. I am a garden junk wannabe. I need to start collecting more stuff. there are items I want but have not been scouring the flea markets and yard sales yet. this weekend I am off to shop more.... I hope I find some good junk :)
    thanks,
    Karen

• kat4kittens2002
    15 years ago

i would like to add my welcome to all the newbies also!!
    this is my favorite site!! everyone here is so fun,helpful,and kind!!
    kathy

• sugarmaple
    15 years ago

I already received a nice welcome, but I'll thank you again for the warm feedback. I haven't posted much due to waiting for the right pieces to work on a project (that can take awhile!) family committments, yard maintenance, and, we've been working on installing an above ground pool (ourselves!). I'm off in the summers so I should have all the time in the world -well, I wish. But - I now know how to post photos so when I get something done I will post. Thanks for posting yours so I get to enjoy your garden junk!

Colleen

• sapphiregirl
    15 years ago

Thank you all for the warm and friendly welcome. I'm so deep in the forest online looking at everyones sites, just drooling and dreaming, I haven't finished my small project yet...but I will. There are so many fantastic ideas here, I am overwhelmed as to where to start with all my goodies. But it will come eventually. So much rain here, I can't get our sand to dry out enough to start another garden area.., so I'm mainly "sight seeing" everyones beautiful works of "garden junk"... :) de

• craftylady-2006
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Coming home this evening and reading all the comments has put such a warm and huge smile on my face. As I said, you folks are the best. As some mentioned, there certainly is quite a bit to drool over and contemplate making this or that. I've been GJ member for two years now and I still love every minute of it. Thanks from me too.

Sal

• ohgirl
    15 years ago

I love this forum! I've seen wonderful ideas on here! And I want to thank all of you for posting your GREAT creations!!! I've been lurking since this past winter, and occasionally post. Thought I better get with it! LOL
    I made 2 totems and a tipsy pot!! And I want more! LOL Here they are............
    {{gwi:171919}}

• willow87
    15 years ago

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I posted on a different post with all of my stuff. It's not much but since I said I would post, I did lol! I think it's called newbie stuff.

• kirkus
    15 years ago

Yes, welcome everyone! I love all of the great, new ideas and encouraging words! This is truly like a family here. (A functional family! LOL!) Make sure you check out the CONVERSATIONS side where everyone really shares what's going on in their lives, encouraging one another. Bear Hugs! Kirk

• Bright199
    15 years ago

How sweet Sal!
    I want to welcome everyone to the Junkyard as well!!! We love all the new creativity. So many wonderful photos have been posted lately. If there are anymore lurkers out there come join the fun!!

Take care
    Brenda

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Katishooked and Sapphire, now you know why our lists stopped being To Do ones and became Too Long To Do Lists instead. So many great ideas abound on this place, daily, we better all live forever to make even half what we want. As for where are we going to put it.....LOL, I'm not even going there on that one.

Kirk's post is a great one to remember. Lots of folks 'forget' we have a conversation side where we can chat about everything else and really get to know one another. Lots of support and fun there too. And photos not garden junk. Pets, kids, silly stuff, you name it.
    No one can say we don't have fun on this Forum. LOL
    And if you need any prayers or support, this group is the BEST ever and can work a few miracles at times.

Can you tell, I LOVE our little family here! This is my "other" home.
    hugs, Karen

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions