Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvs2click

Photos added of fairy houses at show

luvs2click
15 years ago

Some were asking for photos from my show (this was in June and various farmer's markets throughout the summer). I just got some posted on my flickr site. Enjoy!

Arlene

Here is a link that might be useful: my photo site

Comments (15)

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

You sure have been a busy bee!! So many wonderful creations! Hope you had successful sales!

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

love the planted boots and the fairy houses are soo cute.
    how did you do?
    kathy

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

That was a great booth! I certainly would have been attracted to it. Love all the wonderful creations you made!

Thanks for the pics ~tenderlee

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Just love, love, love, your stuff.

Susie

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

luvs ... Your work is wonderful! Your set-ups are also wonderful...love the ironing bd. and also the natural fabric. Thanks for sharing these pics..I like seeing especially what others make for FM's and shows. My DH and I did 20 Sat. mornings this yr. with our barnwood & recycled wood (mostly birdhse, feeders, etc .) plus my photocards & barnwood frames...it was so much fun but tied up alot of Sat's...so that was plenty. Our FM's runs 6 mos. here and there is great stuff...mostly good food! Jeanne S. And that little grandson has certainly grown...what a sweetie!

• luvs2click
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks all - it was certainly fun. Kathy - I did really well - enough to do it over again next year! Can't wait to get started on some more houses. During the fall I do shows with other things, like accordion scrapbooks, gag gifts, etc. I will start on the fairy houses again after the holidays.

Jeanne - I loved doing the farmer's markets! It was only $10 every week to set up (would have been cheaper if I wanted to commit - but I just picked and chose whenever it suited me). I think I only did about 6 or 7 Sat. mornings. I can't imagine doing 20! It was a lot of fun meeting people and I enjoyed the fact that people would return looking for me week after week. Ours only runs from June through mid-Oct. I will definitely do it again next summer! I should get a real job, but I'm having too much fun!

Arlene

• luvs2click
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jeanne - I forgot to add - my grandson has his 1st birthday on Thursday! I will agree he's a sweetie (but I'm a little biased!) I didn't know grandparenting would be so fun, I can't get enough of that little guy!
    Arlene

• katishooked
    15 years ago

I bet you sure do have fun at the markets. For crafters it has to be heaven.

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Wow Arlene, you are 1 busy lady!! What are those flower baby things in 1st pic,look like they might be pin to wear? Love the ironing board & graniteware arrangements of plants. Do you make all your own birdhouses? Very nice setups!! And I love the little cutie at the end!!They are such fun at that age!! Jan

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

luvs - Here's a couple pics from our 1st FM this year...my old quilts wouldn't even staying hanging down on the tables...and my cards were blowing away out of the boxes so I put them away! Yikes! Here's DH wondering what the heck we're doing...but we learned & it improved! Never can count on Ia. weather. Last summer we did a trail couple times & decided we'd give it a go...and I retired also. So we had fun.

But you can see some of the fun stuff we make tog. & my DH does alot on his own, too. We enjoy. Log bdhs, Mission bdhs, folkart, I made the rd ones from the porch columns I salvaged at a farm (they were newer & split in 2 lengthwise)...so I got to make lots of those...sure you've seen...and also shutter bdhses, my DH helped me (or maybe vice-versa, barn doors I have fun with...anyway, a great time! Our's is $60 for season or $75 if you get a "shady spot." Of course, we haven't worked our way there yet.

Pics not great...but you get the jest of it...Jeanne S. Look out SS...OH NO, I can't ship you a barn door!

{{gwi:196888}}

{{gwi:196891}}

• luvs2click
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sunnyca - those are fairy babies (made of panty hose, stuffing, flower petals), some in milkweed pod cradles and some in silk flowers. I am going to add hangers to make them ornaments for next year. They are pretty small. For the fairy houses I usually start with a birdhouse and embellish it. I also decorate pieces of firewood.

Jeanne - thanks for posting the photos, I too like to see other set ups. Isn't it fun just to unload your truck and sit on the tailgate? The first few markets I usually just sell perennials - I had the truck filled both weeks - the entire back plus both seats, the dash, etc. Could barely fit myself in. I pot up starts of my perennials and sell them for $1 each. I had over 500 of them this year. It keeps my beds cleaned out. What a lot of work you both do. I especially love the log birdhouse pictured there. Keep up the good work!
    Arlene

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Thank goodness you both live pretty far away! My house would be filled with your stuff! lol! luvs2click, I love your little fairy houses. I'd have bought at least one! I liked the little rusty wagon and the bench you had too. I'd be tempted to take home that cute little Chase too!

Jeanne S., I have a penchant for birdhouses so I would have gone nuts at your booth. Maybe one day I'll have to mosey on over to Iowa to take a look!

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Oh yes, I also love Jeanne's log cabin birdhouse. How cute! I love all your creations and the way you display them.

Y'all must have more energy than me. I don't know how you find the time. Maybe this spring I'll have more time. Grandbabies will be a little bigger by then.

BTW Arlene your grandson is a little doll! I have 2 grandsons, age 15 months and 2 months, yep we've got our hands full all at once! It's a joy though.

I keep saying I'm going to do the same thing (sell some plants & creations, etc) but I never seem to actually make it happen. So much work! Maybe if I call on my ol' friend Towanda she'll get herself over here & help out lol ~tenderlee

• TwoMonths
    15 years ago

Wow great work.

Jeanne, great work, what are the 'fence corners" used for?

I have seen the directions for the little flower fairies on the internet....I will see if I still have the address. think it was a side column address on one of our girls websites.

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Aaah, luvs, I sit on a fold-up camp chair...no more tailgates for me..my dh has made an ingenous wood contraption so we can have an umbrella up over the back of the pick-up for shade..used a couple 2x4 pieces...you can see the umbrella pole in this pic.

{{gwi:196894}}

The fence corner was a request from a friend...she had seen them used "in-town" as backdrop for potted plants, etc. So we made them the size where they could sit in front of your garage corner and not be in the way. These are made with old barnwood..I didn't keep one as I prefer the old barn doors.

Thanks for comments, everyone. Jeanne S.