Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kl70

What flowers would you give someone,who a partner left you for ?

kl70
16 years ago

Which flower variety or varieties, would you most want to (seriously or humorously) send to someone, who a loved spouse or partner of ours, has left you to be with and please say why, for any flower variety mentioned.

Comments (21)

• Josh
    16 years ago

Seriously, or humorously... I'd buy myself flowers and get on with my life. josh

• Janis_G
    16 years ago

Roses and a CD of Thank God and Greyhound He's Gone
    along with a thank you note if you wanted to
    get rid of him.

Carrion flower and have his little convertible crushed to
    send along with it if he left you with four hungry kids
    and the crops in the fields for a stripper.

On a serious note, you would be well served to follow
    Josh's advice.

• Pidge
    16 years ago

Welcome to the party but what an odd way to introduce yourself.

• User
    16 years ago

...."Thank God and Greyhound He's Gone"

ROFLMBO !!

• mwoods
    16 years ago

Ditto..Jan. LOL Boy can they name songs down there.You really don't need more than the title to get the message.

• calliope
    16 years ago

Been there and done that of a sorts. Like Josh says, I treated MYSELF to a dozen long stemmed roses and got on with my life. Had that song been out then, I'd have sung it. LOL. It was one of the very best things to happen to my life, and I even knew it then.

• lilod
    16 years ago

A pretty bouquet of star-thistle and poison oak - yellow blossoms and deep-red leaves - it would make a lasting impression LOL

• acorn
    16 years ago

Sunflowers for me and ditto Lilo for him.

• endorphinjunkie
    16 years ago

Da Song.

From the South's version of Laugh-In.

• sheila
    16 years ago

I'm with Josh, but it's easier said than done...so a bouquetof stinging nettles from me.

• kathyjane
    16 years ago

A $3.99 insipid bouquet from WM, delivered still in the plastic sleeve.
    A spa day for me----or another car.

(In real life, I bought a Jotul woodstove when a sweetheart married someone else. The marriage lasted 3 months, max.
    ---Still have the Jotul.)

• calliope
    16 years ago

rofl KJ. Good to see your "face" in here again.

Sometimes you gotta kiss a lot of frogs before one turns into a prince..........or even a baron or earl for that matter.

• mwoods
    16 years ago

Well,if we're telling secrets here I took my engagement ring to my university football field at midnight one Friday and dropped it there.The only football game I ever enjoyed in my life was the one the next day knowing that ring was getting stomped all over the place and mushed into the ground.

• mwoods
    16 years ago

I'm sorry,I forgot to answer your question. If someone caused me a great deal of pain,other than family,I would delete them from my life. No gifts..ever.

I can't wait to see what your next thread is going to be. :)

• fortenbras
    16 years ago

LOL! I needed a laugh today and ya'll have provided it!

I suppose this is a "flower" and due to being rather odd looking plus really smelling bad, it should qualify! My local variety is the Clathrus columnatus but trust me, when they appear, you'll be asking "what died?"

Country goodbye titles? These are all real and a local hillbilly radio station occasionally broadcasts those that won't get them kicked out of church!

• endorphinjunkie
    16 years ago

Methinks I will start a new limerick.

There once was an irreverent Reverend,
    Whose puns of funs seemed to never end,
    Irreverent by far,
    One step from feathers and tar,
    It's nice to see his humorous on the mend.

Umm, might have to tweak this one a bit...

• andie_rathbone
    16 years ago

Once a relationship is ended, it's just best to move on. Sending nasty gifts to an "ec" is just pretty high school, IMO.

Now gifts to yourself is a whole other matter. Treat yourself to soemthing you really like/want.

• leaveswave
    16 years ago

I had trouble understanding your question. Are you saying that someone you were involved with left you for another and you want to send flowers to that other person?

If so, I think I would suggest instead pondering the value of maturity.

• shadowgarden
    16 years ago

Perhaps I am excessively wicked but I think in terms of poison ivy. Pick it very carefully though!

• sun_n_surf_chaser
    16 years ago

Me too leaveswave,lol. I don't understand the question.
    I thought I was the Queen of the run on sentence around this place!

~di

• oakleif
    16 years ago

Never send a flower or communicate. Find some old scrap material make a crude 2" or 3" doll.(by crude, i mean simple) Glue a magnet on it, stuff it with other old material. Put it on fridg and stick pins and needles in it for needful things and call it So and So,s name. After a week forget its name and start healing.
    vickie