Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ashug987

Emerald Green Arborvitae spacing for thick privacy fence

ashug987
16 years ago

Hi All,

I want to put a privacy fence along with the existing chain link fence on side of my property line. The length is about 90Â and I bought 70 six feet Emerald Green Arborvitae for it (these are about 1.25Â wide), so that I can plant them side and side to create a thick hedge without waiting for them to grow.

I am thinking about putting these about 15 inches apart. My concern is that weather I am putting these too close? Are there any disadvantages for putting them too close? Will planting them that close prohibit them to grow at the normal pace?

Out of 90Â length about 35Â has a retaining wall and I am planning to put them right adjacent to the retaining wall. Wondering if I am making the right decision?

I bought the Lilly Miller brand Vita start liquid to use as the starter fertilizer. Wondering if the experts over here has more other suggestions. Since I am planning that many trees, I want to avoid all possible mistakes. Also let me know if there are any other things I should aware about for taking care of these plants.

Thanks

-Ashug

Comments (4)