Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
echinaceamaniac

Annoying Pop-up Ads

echinaceamaniac
10 years ago

I am so sick of the annoying pop-up ad on this forum. It comes up every single time I visit. Can we not have someone fix it so it doesn't come up for someone who has already seen it?

Comments (15)

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    10 years ago

It's been so long since I've had a pop-up, I don't think I remember what they look like. Seriously, I haven't had one in years. Firefox + Adblock + no pop ups, ever, ever ,ever. No, not ever.

Kevin

• echinaceamaniac
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I use my iPad and Safari. I have pop up ads blocked but they keep coming up. It's so annoying I think I will stop using this forum.

• thisismelissa
    10 years ago

I have Google Chrome and have turned on their Ad blocking. No popups for me... except when I log on from work.

• trovesoftrilliums
    10 years ago

I also started getting popups when I view from my phone. This is a recent change. It is very annoying.

• terrene
    10 years ago

I have a Windows desktop and a Macbook, use Firefox with Flashblock and Adblock + on both. Don't ever see popups.

• funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
    10 years ago

I never get popups on my desktop and hadn't been on the tablet, but have just started getting that same annoying popup on my tablet that you are talking about! I have already decided to complain, too. If you try to X out of it, it moves and makes you click on it and here you go... Most annoying thing on the planet and I totally agree! This has just started for me as well, they have changed something and I'm not happy about it.

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    10 years ago

I have adblock on my Mac using Safari. Check to see if it's available for the iPad as well. It removes all ads, not just the popups and moving ones. Quite refreshing!

• BlueBirdPeony
    10 years ago

On an iPad with popups blocked. Haven't seen this new ad...yet...but I'll be madder than hell if I do!

• Barbara Meli
    10 years ago

For iPad go to settings,safari and block pop-ups. Move the toggle to on and then reboot.
    Hope this helps

• wieslaw59
    10 years ago

I do not get any pop-ups here. If somebody is annoyed by adds, do not try youtube. They made a new feature: adds that you can't get rid of. And also some you can close but first after 5 seconds. The most grotesque thing about it is , that they are supposed to be chosen especially for me(I'm the target). Out of thousands, not a single one has ever come close to what I'm interested in. Not even by a long shot.

• funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
    10 years ago

Downloaded Adblock Plus onto my tablet and the REALLY ANNOYING, GETTING IRRITATINGLY MORE FREQUENT new popup that only shows up on my tablet is now toast. Yeah!!!!!!!! I will never, ever purchase that product, I can assure you. It's funny to me, though that this one ad is the only one that has ever gotten through my regular filter. They should know better than to make it that intrusive.

• trovesoftrilliums
    10 years ago

I went to settings on safari and set to block pop ups. I still get the Colgate ad from time to time, but not every time. So odd!

• Sharon
    7 years ago

I
    know this is an old post, but I am also very annoyed at not a popup ad but an
    ad posted in Photos by a local company that takes up a ton of space on EVERY
    page in my searches. I will never use
    this company and I am about to the point of going on yelp to leave them a
    1-star rating. Really aggravating.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    7 years ago

sharon... at the bottom of every page.. is a CONTACT US link ... and provide a link to the page that is giving you trouble ....

do so ... ken