Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
xsoft

Rain Bird Sprinkler Zone Problems

xsoft
16 years ago

I have a Rain Bird 7 Zone system with an Electronic Controller and have been trying to solve this problem going into the second year now. The system will go into a mode where zones 2, 3 and 5 will not open up. All others will work. I had to isolate whether it was the controller or the valve itself and from my test it seems like the problem is at the valve but all three valves would not go bad at the same time. I can take a valve that works, say valve 1 and move it to the #2 slot on the controller and that valve will open without any problems. That confirms the #2 slot on the controller is sending the signal but when connected to the actual #2 zone valve it just will not open. Same with 3 and 5.

The only pattern I have noticed since first trying to isolate this problem is seems like there is some moisture that gets down into the valve box for the ones not working and after a few days of not working they dry out then start working again. Then they won't work again for another few days.

Tried working with the original installer of the system but by the time he gets around to taking a look at them they have been inactive for a few days, thus dried out and starts working again. The problem just keeps repeating itself.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments (3)