Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toniok2k

Sprinkler Doesn't Turn On

toniok2k
14 years ago

I have 4 zones controlled by an electric timer, the timer is working fine as far as time, date displayed etc. My sprinkler system is hooked up thropugh my well. For the longest time, I would hear a clicking while the sprinklers were on. I had 1 sprinkler that was not working, I decided to dig it up because I think it has a rock or something in the line. Anyway, went to turn on the system and none of the systems work and I no longer hear a clicking. I've located the 3 valves and the solenoid.

Can anyone walk me through troubleshooting?

Comments (5)

• lehua49
    14 years ago

Hi toniok2k,

Maybe I can help you to troubleshoot, but wells can complicate things. 1st, do you have a pressure tank with your system or direct pumping to your sprinkler? What type are your sprinklers? What type of filter is on your intake to your pump? Where did you hear the rattling? Does your Controller that runs your sprinklers also turn on the your well pump. What type is your pump? Do you have a pressure gauge and flow meter on your line anywhere? Is this too many questions to answer(not twenty yet)? By the time you answer most of the questions you may have your answer to what is wrong. Aloha.

• toniok2k
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Lots of questions to answer, going to have to do a little investigating to answer the questions. One thing I didn't mention is that when I uncovered the solenoid and turned the black knob that sits on top, the sprinklers didn't come on. I'm not sure if that has any relevance.

• lehua49
    14 years ago

Hi Toni,

Try to answer the questions as best you can. Try to describe your system physically from well to sprinklers including uphill and down hill distances to fittings. The solenoid is a little fat black cylinder on top of the valve housing that has either two black or white same colored wires(can you see wires coming out of the top side?). It could be construed as a knob. If you turn it you are screwing it off but the wires have to be disconnected first to take it off. Turning the solenoid enough should turn on the sprinklers though. Part of the troubleshooting is to check if water is getting to the valve and then making sure the valve is operating properly from the controller (describe your timer/controller, brand, dial type, digital etc.). We can take it step by step. Aloha

• toniok2k
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi

I took off the solenoid and pushed the tab a few times, the sprinklers are now working. I'm going to close this thread and open a new one as I have a sprinkler that is not working.

• lehua49
    14 years ago

Toniok,

Bye, your welcome, I think. Aloha