Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kateanne_gw

Desert Rose Not Growing

kateanne
10 years ago

I was given a desert rose about a month and a half ago along with some other plants. At the time, it was blooming but had black fungus spots on the leaves and flowers. I used gardensafe multi spray and that seemed to cleared up, it put out some new flowers and those were clear. Then all the flowers dropped off, and all the older leaves turned yellow and got burnt looking spots and dropped off as well. I thought maybe I was overwatering it, so I eased up to once every 10 days or so and moved it to an indirect light area. Now nothing is happening. I regularly treat it with some gardensafe spray as another plant in the box the DS came in had spidermites. It does have an actual spider living on it, which I am leaving alone.
But there has been no new growth for a month, even the tiny baby leaves have not gotten bigger. They look nice and green and healthy tho. The plant could stand a repot, as the roots are coming out the bottom, but is this a bad time to repot? or is that what it is waiting for?

Comments (7)