Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

Thong Siam Bloom

Hi Everyone!!

Just wanted to share a new bloom that opened yesterday.

It is my Thong Siam that I purchased from Anucha.

I hope you all are enjoying your summer!!

Take care,

Laura

Comments (16)

• Marie Tran
    10 years ago

Laura, that is beautiful bloom. It has some yellow in it.
    Marie

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    10 years ago

Strawberries and cream, yummy! That's a great looking bloom Laura.
    Sadly I think our UK summer has come to an end. It was good while it lasted with good amounts of hot and sunny days especially in July and August. We have now come into Autumn all too quickly I fear as on some nights we have already struggled to get into double digits C.
    Gill UK.

• maark23 TX/8a
    10 years ago

Love the coloration on that one!

Mark

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi. Marie!!!

Thank you so much!!

I also noticed a difference from the last bloom I had on her. The coloration has changed this summer and I am thinking it is the heat that I was having here in Virginia. The first bloom that I had this spring had more white , now it changed to a cream color and or yellow. I am just amazed at how these blooms change..

How are your trees in Texas doing, Marie? I bet they are loving this heat???

Thank you again!!

Hi Gill!!!

So nice to see you....

You made me laugh out loud with the description of strawberries and cream!!! I also thought the same thing and I love that combo!!! Like a swirl!!! Thank you so much for the kind compliment.. We all work hard to make these beauties bloom and when they finally do.. It just makes our day a better one!!! It is such a gratifying experience to see...

We are starting to see cooler temps here as well. My Plumeria are starting to drop the bottom leaves which is my first indication that the cooler nights are starting to change the cycle of my trees. They are preparing for the fall and it saddens me to see the season end. It just seemed like spring was here and now the summer is over.

It has been a wonderful season for me as far as blooms on the Adeniums and Plumeria. We miss you over at the other side.. ;-). I also have had a great summer with my new grandson. He just turned one this month and he is such a joy to have around. I guess I should say he is my biggest and most beautiful bloom this season!!!

Take good care of yourself and your family!!!

Mahalo!!

Hi Mark.. thank you as well.. I also love the colors of this beauty... Like Gill mentioned, makes me want fresh strawberries and Homemade ice cream!!!

Yum!!!

Hope you are doing well!!!

Take care,

Laura

• User
    10 years ago

so beautiful, this bloom looks like a flame. I'm a bit jealous now;)

Michael

• stupidlazydog CT zone 5b/6a
    10 years ago

Your flower is beautiful, I'm jealous too! Getting cold at night here now (40'sð). Summer is gone :(

Wendy

• mscynthia
    10 years ago

I'm with Greenclaws - YUMMY!

Cynthia

• kodom087 z9a
    10 years ago

Awesome flower! I may have to add this to my collection next year.

Kirk

• haworthia
    10 years ago

Laura,
    I LOVE THIS!!!!!. How beautiful!!!. The colors are amazing!. Looking forward to catching up with you when I get my haworthias and gasterias together. Bravo!!!!!!

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    10 years ago

That is quite an amazing color combination. Very unique and I like the tight center on this one.
    I imagine that you will be busy when time comes to prepare your plants for fall Laura.
    Rick

Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Michael!!

Thank you for the kind compliment!! I really enjoy seeing all of your trees.

My collection has grown quite a bit and I am hoping for a season of wonderful blooms next year. It is such fun To see these babies come barerooted from different sources and then to pot them up, give them the proper care and then finally see blooms.. It doesn't get any better than that!!

Always like to see the purples and reds too! Hopefully, I'll find one of those gorgeous dark black/reds. They just are so eye catching!!

Thanks again!!

Hi Wendy!!! Brrrrr... Sounds really chilly where you are in the evenings. Are you in Michigan? Somewhere up I the Midwest? I was traveling here in PA and last night it was 39 degrees!! OMG. It was freezing. We are having night time temps drop I to the 60' s at home and I feel that we will have one more month for our trees to be outside. Sad times.. But it was a good summer. Thank you!!!

Hi Cynthia!! It is Yummy!! Makes me want dessert. Kind of reminds me of a swirled strawberry cheesecake . Now, I am hungry!!! mahalo!!

Hey Kirk!!! You will have to add this one to your collection!! ;-). It is a beauty indeed and you will love it. So glad to be able to have these guys.. I hope yours are doing well. Love all of yours too! You know how we all love your dark beauties.. Quite lovely!!

Have a great evening!!

HI J.. Nice to see you!!! I can't wait to finally see your collection as well as your other hobbies!! We will get together soon!! Let me know when it is good for you!! Thank you for the kind compliment!!!

Hi Rick!! Thank you as well.. I love this beauty and I'm so pleased with all of my new little guys. They are all doing great in the Gritty Mix and are loving the heat here in Virginia. . You have a good eye!! I also love the tight center and it is still holding true to its original form. I also have a few more buds that will be opening right behind this bloom. So excited!!

You mention about getting ready for fall.. Argh! That will be a work in progress.. With the Adeniums and the Plumeria.. Lol, I will be doing double duty!! But, I love it and I can put up with the DH rolling his eyes as I bring them inside for the winter. Most of the large Plumeria will be stripped of the leaves and forced Into dormancy. The DR's will be left inside and they will naturally go dormant on their own. I tried to keep some going last year, but they really like to slow down and rest, so I won't fight it. The spider mites like to deal with the grow lights and I just let them do what the trees want. They always bud back up in the spring and I haven't had any issues with losing them. I will get things ready soon. I have seen orange rust on the Plumeria already, so it will be time to start the " march of the Plumies.."

Huge sigh..

So sorry about the other issues. I still can't believe the cost. Makes me feel terrible...

Have a great night, Rick!!

Laura

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Laura- such a beautiful bloom!! Never seen any like that here ;(. Just the typical pinks and reds. Still nice but yours is stunning! Congrats and take care.

Chuy

• User
    10 years ago

Do you have a picture of another bloom from this plant? would really like to see the difference as you told.
    I also have one with flammable look, called Siam Eternal Flame they are more than beautiful. I have to go home to mother in law, to see if she has this variant, it is too beautiful not to have in my collection: D

Michael

• Marie Tran
    10 years ago

Hello Laura, my plants are doing well, I add few more into my collection each year.

It is getting out of hand.

Marie

Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Michael,

I'll go and check my photobucket... I think I have a picture from the other bloom that was lighter...

Here is another pic that I took today... Thought you might like to see!!!

Hi Marie! LOL. I hear you!!! I love these beauties too!!! I also have a few and I have ordered a few more... I said I have to stop !! ;-)

One day, I will!!! Lol

Have a wonderful rest of your summer!!!

Glad to hear your trees are doing well.. Always love to see your pictures!!!

Mike... this is a pic from today... I'll go see about the old pic!

Hi Chuy!! Thank you!! I love all of the colors... They are all so different and unique.. Mahalo!!!

Take Care,

Laura

This post was edited by loveplants2 on Tue, Sep 17, 13 at 21:23

Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Mike!!!

I found the other pic.. but it has the same coloration as this first pic that I originally posted. Can you see in the picture that I just took a couple of days ago how much lighter the flower is? It must be the fading bloom now...

Here is the other bloom from earlier in the season...
    {{gwi:352307}}

This is the bloom that I was thinking of.. this was early in the summer...much lighter then Thong Siam and has more white.

Saeng Arun
    {{gwi:352308}}

Take care,

laura