Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
froeschli

Schultz insecticidal soap

Karin
9 years ago

Just a quick heads up: you don't want to be using this on your violets!
it didn't do this on all of them, just some, by that's enough in my book.

Karin

Comments (14)

• Karin
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oops, upside down and French - I apologize :-p

• PRO
    Whitelacey
    9 years ago

Sometimes this happens if the spray is too cold. Spray should be hot in the bottle as it cools to the proper temperature as it goes through the air. It's not easy to do so I never use bottled sprays.

I had this happen years ago. Never again.

Linda

• Karin
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Interesting, so you're saying it might be ok if I warm it up first?
    Not sure if I dare try it on another one, but tempting just for experiments sake...

• PRO
    Whitelacey
    9 years ago

Whenever violets are sprayed, the solution should be hot. You could sit the container in a pot of very hot water and then spray it after the solution has warmed. It might be worth an experiment especially if you find something that works well.

Linda

• Karin
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for that info! I was working on the assumption that a room temperature pump spray would be fine...

I have a bunch more of the same variety (noid leaf babies) so I can try it on another one. Neither the mother or babies have bloomed in recent memory, so I don't know the variety, but I can tell they are the same from the soft leaves - all my other av's are crunchier (for lack of a better description). And the soft ones showed the most damage from the spray.

• PRO
    Whitelacey
    9 years ago

Let us know how it goes.

Linda

• Karin
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Before spraying:

• Karin
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sprayed:

• Karin
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Day after:

It would appear, Linda is always right!

Thank you!

• PRO
    Whitelacey
    9 years ago

Well...I wish that were true but...thanks for the compliment. I'm glad it worked out and I'm very glad you let us know how it worked out. I hate it when people disappear and don't let us know the end results.

Linda

• fortyseven_gw
    9 years ago

The beginnings of time lapse photos, Karin! A Forum member posted a few on You Tube that were very cool! J

• Karin
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lol i thought about doing some of that! (Maybe when i have my seeds) I am actually shocked how similar these shots turned out - considering I puttye plant and camera bot down between inbetween....

• fortyseven_gw
    9 years ago

I believe the person who did the time lapse photos took the same photo one week apart. He had to do a little tweaking.
    It was someone on this forum, so a search might yield the link to you tube.

• Karin
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It's quite easy to do really, and i have all the equipment needed, just never really put it to work....
    the only drawback is that you aren't supposed to move things around, and i just can't help myself sometimes :-D