Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chaoticdreams

Anyone have an id for this rose?

Chaoticdreams
10 years ago

Long stems, decent fragrance. It lasts a really long time in a vase. It was a gift from Walmart under the name Red Sensation, but I can't find that anywhere.

Thanks for any input!

Comments (12)

• susan4952
    10 years ago

Try HMF as red scentsation. Could be. HMF is so literal

• Chaoticdreams
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Red Scentsation says it's a miniature, but this rose is rather big. But thanks for the info as I would not have thought about trying that! That particular bloom is small, but the others have been pretty big. Not going to say huge, but it's not like my mini Fairy Rose bush that's going strong. It's definitely big enough to be a cut flower and made great mother's day gifts a few weeks back.

I went on a rose shopping binge this spring and I'm trying to keep up with all the ones I have. Most of them are bare roots from Edmunds and a few own roots from Heirloom, but occasionally I've found some at the big stores that I couldn't resist grabbing! This one and a yellow one my hubby got in an attempt to feed my new addiction. Not sure if that's love or enabling, but they were very pretty!

The yellow one was called Perfect Friendship, also renamed apparently, but it's not blooming just yet. I'll have pics of it in a few days when the buds start opening. It's not really a big deal to have the correct name I guess. Just want it for my own records :) I'm just a nut like that!

• susan4952
    10 years ago

So many red roses....so little time!
    Lol

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

There is a rose at HMF called just "Sensation" that is red and look like yours.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sensation at HMF

• roseseek
    10 years ago

"Red Sensation" is a significantly more modern rose than the 1922 HT. HMF would have no information about Red Sensation if it was neither registered with the ARS or the creator/introducer provided information for inclusion. Kim

• nelidaburgos
    10 years ago

I have one very similar but pink in color. However, it is a thornless rose and the label on it was Angel Face. I purchased it at walmart in the clearance section. It was in pretty bad shape. It turned out to be a really nice plant. Haven't found another. I would love to fill my garden with them..they are beautifully delicate. Don't have a picture to add.

• ken-n.ga.mts
    10 years ago

Our Wall Mart is caring a big group of red Ht's by Dewar. Looks just like what you have. I'll have to check the names tomorrow (it's only a 1/2 mile away).

• DNTQuilter
    10 years ago

Watch and see if the edges darken as it opens. It appears from this bloom that it is. Since it long stemmed and pretty fragrant, my guess would be Mr. Lincoln.

That's a long shot, so many red roses.

Scott

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    10 years ago

The color reminds me a lot of Christian Dior. I bring up this rose because I notice Christian Dior is often available at Walmart, at least in my area.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=2.1166&tab=1

• ken-n.ga.mts
    10 years ago

Stopped by wally world today. Yep, you have the 'Red Sensation' red rose offered by the Dewar Nurseries. They have a large pallet of red ones and another pallet of pink ones. Time for me to start digging and see what I can find out about these roses :)

• ken-n.ga.mts
    10 years ago

After looking at the roses that Dewars are selling as 'Red Sensation', then looking at Sensation on HMF, they look like an almost perfect match. Only way to know for sure is to e-mail Dewar and ask.

• Chaoticdreams
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hey, thanks for the help! I really appreciate it. :)