Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seedmama

Male Member Role Call

15 years ago

We're always in short supply of male members here, so we must keep up with the ones we have. Several regulars are (near) MIA, but we've acquired great new ones this year.

If you are a male member of the forum, oldie or newbie, lurker or participant, please chime in. We'd like to know you.

Comments (44)

• 15 years ago

I'm more regular on the soil,toms,and veggies but have been lurking here a while. Not too many males on any of gw it seems, I tell my wife but she isn't interested in joining my madness hobby.

• 15 years ago

I'm a man, baby! Just don't try explaining to my parents why I like flowers so much. I like tomatoes a lot too. And cucumbers. And corn. And butterbeans seasoned with a little bit of fatback. I also make a mean chocolate pie from scratch.

I was brought up right.

• 15 years ago

Oh, I'm here, seedmama, although some days I feel like a candidate for hormone replacement therapy. ;-)

Prof

• 15 years ago

I'm still here keeping an eye on all of you.
    LOL
    Ron

• 15 years ago

hmmmm ... little weird on the title of the post ...

PV

• 15 years ago

Welcome you brave souls who dare to brave the realms of femdom...(hmmm...that didn't sound right). There are probably more of you here than we all know. :-)

PV,
    The title of the post sounds like something MIMS would say....lol

Ronald!!! :-) :-) ((hug))

Linda

• 15 years ago

Whaddya know? I misspelled Roll Call. How embarassing.

• 15 years ago

Does male teenager count?

• 15 years ago

Absolutely! A teenager counts. Philmont was a teenager when he started here, and he may still be. Chime in!

• 15 years ago

Still here and winter sowing.

Don (dem_pa)

• 15 years ago

Newbie here.

waynepa

• 15 years ago

male teeanger #2

i'm usually on the Canadian exchange

• 15 years ago

I'm here. Been hibernating tho. Limbering up to do some seed starting and filling ws containers and setting them out soon. done some research and a few posts but mostly just looking out the window at the cold and wind and drearness of it all and wondering .........When? won't even break freezing for a few more days....40's are more than a week away.....snowstorms are coming too.

But, I was at the sunny south side of a house today and I saw tuber roots,,could be day lillie and they had green shoots coming up. already about 3 in tall. Couldn't believe it. They were leftovers from a few years back landscaping what is now a rental house but they were alive and wanting to claim their place.

• 15 years ago

I'm still here, lurking mostly these days. Not gonna comment on the post title.
    Hey seedmama, let me know how the echinacea and salvia do this year.
    jim_6b

• 15 years ago

PV - too funny!

i hadn't caught that.

• 15 years ago

Since you have asked I had better come out of lurkingdom and answer the call. I spend time on the Canadian Garden Ex. but also check things out at a few others, including this forum. Always enjoy reading about the gardening experiences of others.Thankyou. Ross.

• 15 years ago

Absolutely, jim_6b! I can't wait to see them myself. I think you'll be glad to know I've shared some that you sent me as well. I take my own seeds, baggies and labels to son's basketball practice. Parents help me bag while we wait. Early in the season I passed around seed catalogs. I listened as they talked about what they would like to have, so I could bring little surprises as a thank you. The echinacea and salvia were in high demand.

• 15 years ago

I'm here and a newbie.
    Jim

• 15 years ago

Count me in seedmama! :)

• 15 years ago

Another male here. Veggies, flowers, I love gardening. Very happy I found this WS forum. It appeals to my thrifty side for sure. I've even got seeds on the way from one of the "enablers" agirlsagirl!

My Mom is so proud, she wished my Dad liked gardening as much as her son! :)

• 15 years ago

Male Member here:)

• 15 years ago

Add one more

• 15 years ago

I am still here! Lurking more so recently, but I chime in! ;-D

BTW, I still haven't started my WS yet this year. What is wrong with me!?

• 15 years ago

I'm new to these forums; however, if you know the right name you can find my contributions to usenet and fidonet as a newbie 25 years ago. On the internet your sins and omissions never disappear, unless you want to find them.

We moved and I now have space and a greenhouse I'm trying find ways to use.

PS: I don't think the comments about the title had anything to do with spelling. :)

• 15 years ago

Another one!

• 15 years ago

25 years ago...that would be when the net was in its infancy...and you must really be...

OMG it's AL GORE! Holy Moly, you INVENTED the net...oh boy! a ceLEBrity!!! Where's my camera...shoot...ow! Damned cat...get outta my way...ah...here it is! *click*

Hey...well that's just odd...why didn't your image show up on the picture?!

• 15 years ago

1 more newbie here. I explain my fascination for flowers to my wife,as a color distraction from the stock market black hole...

• 15 years ago

Well, darn, I thought this was going to be about pet names guys have for their male member.

Or maybe we don't want to know.

Karen

• 15 years ago

Silverkelt...

going into 3th year wintersowing! sheesh!

But in a new house this year, so all my old beds are gone, heck I still had dozens of plants that never flowered when I sold my old home.

Real name is Jeremy...

• 15 years ago

Is this some kind of dating post? Are you a winter sowing woman with a husband that doesn't understand why you have been going out to the neighbor's recycling looking for 2 liters the past four months? Are you a single female winter sower looking for someone to share your homemade potting mix with? Are YOU hoping GW will help you find your soul mate, that person that knows how elated you are when your SASBE finally gets back to you? Is this you?

If so, I am a male memeber and I know my role. Call me and I just might ask to see your jugs. (383) 555-DIRT.

• 15 years ago

So, who is going to be the root vegetable model for the 2010 winter sowing men's calendar?

• 15 years ago

Oh! I've got it. This is a carrot my son grew last year. He called it carrot pants, but you can name it whatever works for you.

{{gwi:352641}}

• 15 years ago

If you're willing to put up with a 53 year old vegetable I'll volunteer. But not for any of the cold shrivel months, I want to model as a proud member.

• 15 years ago

I tried to run a search on the Texas gardening site that does that male member calendar each year. Can't find it. It's GREAT!

• 15 years ago

Here it is.

Texas Twisted also has a reference.

• 15 years ago

With a name like 'prizebull' I figured I'd add my name to the roster and let you guys think whatever you like about why I call myself that.
    Oh , and 'Seedmama' check out http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/wtrsow/msg0213275313262.html?3 and let me know what you think

• 15 years ago

I usually just let the women do all the talking since I am pretty much used to it here at home (wife and 3 HS/college age daughters), but I will come out of hiding since you are taking roll call. I may try to write more when I get a little more free time. I teach and have a high maintenance classroom this year, so my brain doesn't work when I get home.

• 15 years ago

The cold shrivel months, thats funny and so true!
    I was in Chicago working about 6 weeks ago and it was so cold. Two words come to mind. Frightened turtle!
    jim_6b

• 15 years ago

I come in often to see what is going on. Did a lot last yr.
    I'am a M.G.--Landerscaper-Lawncare person so have little time in warm weather only winter.

• 15 years ago

I did my first formal winter sowing yesterday. I planted a few spinach seeds in a ceramic planter and put bottomless windshield washer containers over them to act a mini greenhouses. I watered the spinach so I hope it doesn't crack the planter. Low was -10C (~27F) -- colder next week.

PS: 640K, 2 floppies, no hard drive, ATI Graphics Wonder, 300 baud modem, monochrome monitor (amber), $2000 -- bulletin boards, gopher space, predating the Mosaic browser. Those were the days. Some hosts avoided newbies by telling users to press "control Z" (disconnect sequence) to continue.

• 15 years ago

Hello there, I have not been posting too much lately but did want to chime in. Even though I have not WSed a single seed yet, I do intend to do that later this spring. It's been my experience that if I wait till late March or April I have MUCH higher success rates. My California poppies did well last year as did my cactus flowered dahlias and lemon gem marigolds. Not really sure what I will sow this year. Something colorful and attractive to birds and butterflies I think.

• 15 years ago

OMG! I almost wet myself laughing at you guys.

gratefulgardener for some reason I'm not getting a response when I dial that number. ;)

rich_manure you are just full of it aren't you! :)

jim, 'Frightened turtle' now that's one I'll have to remember!

token you sound like my kinda man. Oh wait. Hell, I'm already taken! :)

kqcrna I don't think we even want to go to that subject! ROFL!

• 15 years ago

I'm here quite often but don't post much. This is my fourth or fifth year WS. I have to look back and see. Anyway, I only have two containers out so far. I have some Cleome seeds I need to get out soon. Although, I don't think it is ever going to warm up. There is still 12 to 18 inches of snow in the back yard and only a week until March.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting