Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
southerngardening24

daylilies from SRG

Has anyone bought daylilies from SRG? I can't find any info on how many fans they are selling.

Comments (7)

• gardenweed_z6a
    9 years ago

Email SRG and ask how many fans. In my experience they are awesome to do business with.

• arbo_retum
    9 years ago

SRG?
    Remember, this is the Perennials forum, not Daylilies, so don't assume everyone knows what SRG is!
    mindy

• southerngardening24
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Santa Rosa Gardens. I was going to email them but thought I would ask here first. Mindy I thought about asking in the daylily forum, but I'm more "at home" here.

• TexasRanger10
    9 years ago

I knew what SRG is, people talk about daylilies & SRG a lot on this forum, not to mention the fact that shrubs and annuals slip into conversations too among other things "non-perennial" garden related things. Me, I'm not big on D.L.'s but EVERY single plant I have ordered from SRG is a good sized, well rooted plant and way worth the price -- especially the sale prices they offer in Spring Sale and Fall Sale. I think you better jump on it quick, they had less than 10 plants left last I checked. I have waited or piddled around and lost out on plants I wanted more than once during the sales. Tick tock...Tick tock....

The plants I ordered this fall on sale were so nice I ended up placing 4 separate orders in all. The last order was for 14 'Prairie Fire' carex plants @ only $2.39 each. They shipped on Monday (a post office holiday) via Fed Ex for the flat shipping rate of $5.00, the plants arrived Wednesday and I used all the coupons to get an even better price on top of the sale price. I can't say enough good about SRG, the way they treat people and the quality of their plants.

• arbo_retum
    9 years ago

southern, all the years i have been a pretty heavy user of Garden Web, and I have never heard of this place. I have no gripe with you posting your question on Perennials; what I am griping about is using an anagram (i.e. SRG) without first explaining WHAT it represents!! Proper procedure is to write it out in full, when first mentioned, followed by the anagram, like "Santa Rosa Gardens (SRG) " so that people know what you're referring to when you start using SRG ! sounds like a great place.
    mindy

• TexasRanger10
    9 years ago

arbo,

We've had a couple conversations, the last I know of was as recently as Oct 12 about plant sales & SRG (Santa Rosa Gardens). HGC (High Country Gardens) is another online place that came up the other day along with SRG (again) in the "backlit plants' thread. I guess we all just know these names and figure everyone is in on it since this was so recent and we are probably lazy with our typing IYCR&I (if you can relate and imagine). The spring and fall sales at SRG always get threads on GW about people ordering and loosing their self control. I was joking just the other day here about being an SRG addict in need of therapy.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/peren/msg0922170716914.html?28

• southerngardening24
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks texasranger :-)