Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
isamenton

Beautiful meadow! What plants did you use?

isamenton
11 years ago
kent, ct wildflower meadow · More Info

Comments (11)

• isamenton
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks!
  • isamenton
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Sorry, I have a few more questions.
    Daisies : Shasta daisies or Oxeyed daisies?
    Lupines: Polyphyllus or perennis?
    Bachelor buttons: Centaurea cyanus?
    Thanks again for your help!
  • annaliesstewart
    10 years ago
    Hello, I'd like to have a meadow in my front yard, but it is mostly shade. Would these do ok in shade?
  • PRO
    Designing Eden llc
    10 years ago
    Sounds like you need a woodland garden. This definitely wouldn't work in the shade.
  • coreenhg
    8 years ago

how drought tolerant is this meadow?

• PRO
    Designing Eden llc
    8 years ago

It only receives natural rainfall.

• bluewater120
    7 years ago
    Would this work over a septic field? I am just racking my brain trying to figure out what I can plant that will not destroy the septic system in our zone 4-5?
  • PRO
    Designing Eden llc
    7 years ago

It would. You can do a lot over a septic field in my opinion. I wouldn't plant a Willow or any other large tree but beside that, I think anything else is fine. I'm a landscaper. I got tired of cutting so much lawn so I started growing plants on our property. I have 300 Boxwoods growing on top of my leaching field. My fields are pretty deep so I'm not at all concerned. Maybe if I had a shallow field or a raised field that they have in some parts of the country due to poor drainage, i'd be a little more cautious. Have you ever seen a tree blow over in a storm? At least around here, the root system looks like a pancake. 90% of roots are in the top foot of the soil.

• Nik Saint
    3 years ago

This is just magical!!!
    How do you go about starting a meadow? And what do you do before winter? If you mow it do the flowers grow back the next season?

• nansaidh
    2 years ago

Check out American Meadows online-they sell wildflower seeds and have all the info you need to start your own meadow:)