Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wren1_gw

did anyone hear me scream??

wren1
13 years ago

Yes Got my first sprouts today so happy ran inside ive got

sprouts hubby tought i had been hurt or something just excited im in the middle of zone 5 it was a grey cold day tought id check my jugs have 8 jugs sprouting 6 are poppies 1 is winged everlasting 1 broc.soo excited!!! check your jugs zone 5 ers !!!angela

Comments (17)

• ladyrose65
    13 years ago

Congratulations! Wren1.

• lgslgs
    13 years ago

Yep, I heard you a zone away!

I guess those must be some really nice sprouts. :)

• tepelus
    13 years ago

Woohoo! I discovered my first two today, too! I wasn't expecting any, but I thought, what the heck, checked them all and I have one sprout each of Liatris spicata and Liatris punctata. Yay sprouts!

Karen

• gardenweed_z6a
    13 years ago

Congratulations wren1 and tepelus!! That's such great news to read about--sure beats the major news headlines with a stick! I don't have sprouts yet but I'm thinking it's only a matter of days now rather than weeks. My apprentice/newbie has had sprouts for a couple of weeks but she's south of me and I don't know where she put the containers. Her 12 yo daughter used washable marker so they're not sure what sprouted at this point.

• wren1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone i was so load i knew a few zones had to hear me.lol congratulation tepels!!!I knew id get sprouts someday but they really suprised me today.angela

• wren1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone i was so loud i knew a few zones had to hear me.lol congratulation tepels!!!I knew i'd get sprouts someday but they really suprised me today.angela

• adamark
    13 years ago

Wow, now I know what was that noise..... Congrats, great feeling

• just1morehosta
    13 years ago

That accounts for my ears to start bleeding,ha ha
    Congratulations,it is a great feeling eh.
    I am going to check mine tomorrow.
    cAROL

• ladyrose65
    13 years ago

Wren1, take some pictures! Love to see the newbies!

• gardenunusual
    13 years ago

Yes pictures! Karen & Angela yay sprouts!

• adamark
    13 years ago

Here are some pictures. Mixed ?poppies and amaranthum - I think, I've got these and some other seeds in a trade and many of them got mixed together. I'm really excited what will grow. So far, they are doing great.
    {{gwi:367193}}

even under a frozen lid. This is ice on the lid melting in the sun.... talking about resilience

{{gwi:367194}}

• dorothy4981
    13 years ago

WOW!!!!!

• cab321
    13 years ago

Congratulations! I'd love to go check my containers. But I still can't find them for the snow. :(

• wren1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

please help i love pictures have alot dont know how to post them on hear.thanks angie

• LilBlossom
    13 years ago

THAT'S what woke me up from my nap. I'm happy for you, Angela :o)

• just1morehosta
    13 years ago

Just checked mine, :0(,,nothing!
    cAROL

• wren1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ok no screams of joy today but we have more sprouts this time fever few,snap dragons,afrian daisys, coreopsis,dainthus ,poppies all in milk jugs but 2 in clear soda jugs .Keep checking cArol they sould sprout soon.angie middle of zone 5