Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pippi21

Finding more uses for WS jugs/foil tape

pippi21
14 years ago

All but a few of my WS successes are planted out, but I kept back some of the milk jugs just in case we got below freezing temps again, I could put the milk jug top back over the tender seedling. Today I found another use for that wonderful foil tape that heating/ac contractors use and I used toward the end of my WS project, highly recommended by KQCRNA(Karen)from Ohio. I wanted to mark certain colors of tulips so I could dig them up and plant in groups of 3, 5 or even 7 when they are finished blooming. I had the metal plant markers but they had another plant's name on it that no longer exist in my garden. Cut the foil tape to size and rewrote the color of the tulip so I'll know. Since it has adhestive backing afer you peel the foil off the white backing, it sticks to anything. Won't use duct tape anymore on my WS jugs/containers. Had some young columbines that I had planted, and some of the leaves seemed to be touching the soil and I was afraid maybe since it's rained recently that slugs may get them, so I cut like a collar from milk jug bottom and put around it until it is established and has some height on it. When I want to take it off, I just use a box cutter or scissors and cut it off. I used mulch to anchor the plastic milk jug collar down. Hope this posting makes sense, I've been putting down mulching and planted a very big Moonbeam coreopsis that my daughter gave me. Had to take a hachet to cut it into 3 sections and she has yellow clay soil. Will have to show her how to amend that soil. She probably won't spend the money to buy the right stuff to amend the soil. Will shredded leaf mulch help break down clay soil?

Comments (4)

Sponsored