first time blooming in 2012 :)

{{gwi:372683}}

{{gwi:372684}}

{{gwi:372685}}

Comments (27)

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

Beautiful, are these your own hybrids?

That last one looks like 'Melfi' but I'm not sure?

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    12 years ago

I have the same questions as Josh..the last one is particularly pretty..actually, they're all pretty! If they are your own cross, could you tell us what the cross might be?
    Donna

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

I'm pretty sure the last hybrid is 'Melfi' but the other two I am completely clueless?

• jimnpa (zone6a PA USA)
    12 years ago

I agree Josh, the last one pictured is "Melfi". I would hazzard a guess that since "pupu999" is from Taiwan, the others pictured are Komoriya hybrids or Taiwanese hybrids similar to those produced in Japan. Note the small flowers, and it appears that there are only 2 flowers per scape.

They are lovely and I hope the original poster allows us to know the origins of these beauties! They would be welcome in my collection!

Jim

• grant_in_arizona
    12 years ago

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing them. Looking forward to more information on these beautiful blooms. :)

• pupu999
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks.

Yes, they are indeed the new hybrids I made. Jim, you're right, they're all small size flower and the last pic is "green dragon x lima". From seed to bloom is about 2 and a half years.

Josh,Donna, I'll show you another the same crossing pics if they open next month. I guess they're all similar to Melfi but smaller. It's fun to wait~

• hippiezep
    12 years ago

Interesting new varieties

12 years ago

Hi pupu999,

Very interesting..and that last one certainly does look like Melfi..I guess I'll freeze some of my Lima pollen and hope and pray that I get a re-bloom on my oh so small.. tiny Green Dragon..I most definitly will attempt this cross (if possible) and your last flower is indeed very beautiful.. and do I see 4 flowers on that particular one?(I think I can see 3 anyway) Please do post subsequent pictures of this cross on the same thread (if you don't mind so we can easily comnpare) would you happen to remember what the other two crosses were, I'm assuming that they were different?

I put Lima on Evergreen but it didn't take..in fact I had about 5 different crosses growing for a short time on Evergreen and the only one I have left is believe it or not, Sweet Nymph (??) (I have another scape coming on Evergreen, I think I'll load them all up with Lima.....
    Thanks,
    Donna

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

What are the parents of the first two?

The last one is like a 'Melfi' twin!!!! Now we know where it came from, *or have an idea*.

• pupu999
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi, Donna
    My false Melfi just has only one stem with 3 flowers, cause it's the first time to blossom, the bulb still small.

I don't have Evergreen but I think it will be the good parents to make a new cross. Well done.

Dear Josh, I'm not sure who is pollen for the second pic(seed is green dragon). As to the first is Lima x Unique but I don't like this cross..... haha

• pupu999
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Lima x ?
    {{gwi:372686}}�H���� Amaryllis

Ambiance x ?
    {{gwi:372687}}�H���� Amaryllis

• haweha
    12 years ago

The"LIMA x?" looks very promising! I spontaneously decided for "Exotic Star" as the parent in Question. If it is capable of forming a 4-umbel from a matured bulb, then it it a "winner". Thank you so much for showing."Retrieving" new Hippeastrum hybrids, particularly of DIPloid kinds, and/or with influence from H.papilio (as provided in both, in "Lima" and in "Exotic Star"), is my favorite subject!

12 years ago

I particularly like the 1st one too..I have lots of Lima pollen so maybe I can come up with something interesting..I'm trying again with Evergreen(my Green Dragon isn't blooming) as I loved your Melfi look alike up above...Thanks for sharing these with us..I always love to look at people's successes and trying similar crosses..
    Donna

• pupu999
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Dear haweha,

SG105. It might have 4 flowers with each stem if it got maturer (not sure). I have offered it to my friend, cause I don't like red color very much:P
    The pollen is a Japanese name and I don't know how to type it. Anyway, thank you very much.

Dear Donna,
    You're welcome. I just made it for fun and I am now counting days for the new blossoming~ Hope your green dragon can work this time^_^

puyuma~

• pupu999
    Original Author
    12 years ago

the same cross as SG104 :)

{{gwi:372688}}

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

I'm jealous, I WANT SOME :) lol

• pupu999
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Haha Josh, you can take it all :)

I am still waiting the new "Double"~

Puyuma

• pupu999
    Original Author
    12 years ago

{{gwi:372689}}�H���� Amaryllis

Lima x Double Record
    not good :(

• henry.koitsi
    11 years ago

Dear Puyuma

You have done such a great job, I am wondering how long have you been hybridizing the hippeastrum ?

Regards,

Henry

• pupu999
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi, Henry
    I've done that since 2003, and I got my first hybrid is yellow goddess x jewel in 2005.
    {{gwi:372690}}

• joshy46013
    11 years ago

PuPu,

I would love to exchange e-mails, if you click my username there is a spot you can e-mail me.

Josh

• pupu999
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Josh,
    No problem and I,m very glad to know everyone!
    BTW, I think FB is much better and sooner. The email I left here is also the FB account I use.

• bubbles68
    11 years ago

CAN YOU PLESE MAKE CONTACT ABOUT THE YELLOW GODDESS? THANKS ANN

• bubbles68
    11 years ago

Hi pupu999, do you have any seeds to these hippeastrums? If so could you please contact me couturecol@adam.com.au I am looking for the yellow goddess seeds I have been searching the world for these. thanks bubbles 68

• pupu999
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi, bubbles
    I did not use yellow goddess to make seedpods this year,so.....
    But if you do not mind having some unknown seeds, I can do that.

• TigerFox
    11 years ago

Hi pupu999: your new hybrids is very goodlooking.
    Would you mind leave your email address for me so I can find u in facebook.

• TigerFox
    11 years ago

Dear pupu999
    Nice to meet you at this forum.
    I very like your hybrids of Hippeastrum .
    I'm Tiger from Chinese Mainland,I know you are live in TAIWAN.
    My FB name is Tiger Liu,
    Would you mind tell me your the FB ID so I'll contact you on FB.

Sponsored
More Discussions