Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosemariero6

Show Pix album is ready! SDCSS Feb 2012

rosemariero6
12 years ago

Sorry to keep you all waiting, but there were 100s of pix to process (5 hrs of snapping)! Had a fabulous time Saturday with my friend/neighbor, Mary Lou. It drizzled early in the morning, but was just overcast for the day's event! Perfect! Sorry we missed you guys who had hoped to go. Maybe you can pretend to have gone while looking at the album pix! =)

Hoping to put link below to my Picasa album:

If I didn't get this one correctly, use the other one further down please.

https://picasaweb.google.com/101816319901863258523/SDCSSFeb2012ShowSale?authuser=0amp;feat=directlink

Still working on pix of the sale plants & my cart-jumpers.

Here is a link that might be useful: SDCSS Show plants

Comments (26)

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    12 years ago

Thanks for all your hard work.... some nice plants. Wish I knew what some of them were.

• rosemariero6
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Howard, I put a little note on the side of the album, but will note here as well...so you can find the names (most pix) of plants. If I know the name, it is in the photo's filename. If you click on the right (while looking at a pic) on "photo information", I believe it will show the filename. Please let me know if that isn't available to you (maybe only I see it?).

I hope to go back & put the names in each photo's caption, but no time right now.

• hijole
    12 years ago

Rosemarie, Great job girl!!! I can almost get the feeling of being there. What a amazing variety of all kinds of plants to be able to see at one time too. WOW!!! wow wow.

I really appreciate all your work and effort that you put into this for all of us who were unable to make it out there.

I tried to get some I.D's but didnt successfully pull them out. You dont have to do it right away but if you get a chance latter this week or when ever you can, I hate to do it this way but as I was looking it was the 38 row down and 2nd from left :(

thanks ,

Greg

• rosemariero6
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks...glad you enjoyed, Greg!

Okay, now I wonder if I'm the only one who can see the photo information? I will try to get the names up soon then.

In the meanwhile, I need you to give me a bit more info on the pic you are interested in...because if I have my screen on full screen, there are 11 pix across & if smaller, only 7 pix across. So, please tell me how many YOU see on your screen across so I can figure what's 38 down. Okay?

• hijole
    12 years ago

Rosemarie, I figured that would happened, yeah well its a Aloe plant one looks redish with green, and the other looks whitish. O boy!! Uh.

It looks like a Aloe Camaroni, hope I spelled that correctly.
    I was admiring it and was wondering if they grew in pots or if their grown in the ground, and then placed in pots looking so good. I wonder some times how people do it because it just seems to me they have an advantage when grown in the ground. I know the climate has a lot to Do with it too though.

Well again Rosemarie, thank you,

Greg

• elsier
    12 years ago

Thanks for sharing your great pics! Could you id one for me? It is #123, with a straight, spiralled stem.

Thanks,
    Elsie

• rosemariero6
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Okay........ALL pix have whatever names I know. Happy viewing, folks!

• rosemariero6
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oops, didn't see you two post. Well, you should be able to see names now.

Greg, I'm pretty sure you're talking about a couple of Hechtia (one which does look similar to Aloe cameronii): Hectia sp from Jalapa Del Marquez, Oxaca, Mex. & on rt Hechtia 'Baker's Beauty'.

Elsie, the one you're asking about is Eulychnia castanea f. spiralis, which is grown by CactusJordi (member here).

• Colleen E
    12 years ago

Thank you so much for going to the effort of these pictures! They're wonderful.

• hijole
    12 years ago

Rosemarie, You nailed it!!! wow I was wondering if I'd ever get to know what each one of those plants were but I can see now that it's possible thanks to your skills.

I have some of these plants and I did'nt know there name, but now all I have to do is direct the mouse over the picture and "Wallah..." bingo!!!

I can't wait for the next event but for now I'll relish these pics, sure appreciate it.

Greg

• desert_gardener
    12 years ago

Looks like a successful show and sale...Thanks for taking all the trouble and time to post all these beautiful cacti and succulents for us all to view. Our show and sale will be April 19, 20 and 21, here in Phoenix.

• pennyhal
    12 years ago

Rosemarie, Thank you for taking all those photos! They came out great! I had no trouble seeing them and each one was labeled!!! I don't know how you do it, but I don't have the words to tell you how much I appreciate all the work you put in to letting me see what I could not go and see myself. I was grumpy all day staying home. Now I feel better about having missing it.

All the plants were amazing. I was puzzled at the photo of Eulychnia castanea f. spiralis with pottery. I can't figure out how it keeps from toppling over! The spiral formation is astounding, but all in that tiny pot? I have to say that photo took the prize for me in the category of "I don't believe it" for me.

Yes, I can see that you like Adromischus herrei!!! How many do you have in your garden? And I liked that "Succulent mix dish" because I'm going to do something like that next. Also, I don't think I've actually seen a Dudleya. I've seen photos, but it's good to know they aren't just in books! I just got a book on Echeverias so it was good to see the variety in pots.

But, having all this technology is great, but it isn't worth a dime without someone like you to put it to such great use!

Penny

• seedmoney
    12 years ago

Applause, applause....
    Thanks for my cacti and succulent "fix" Rosemarie. Definitely some drool worthy plants there-- so tell us, watcha buy?

• hanzrobo
    12 years ago

Awesome!!! Thank you, Rosemarie, for giving us the virtual tour. Your efforts are very much appreciated.

Yes, one day I will have the elusive A. herrei for myself, and I will cultivate it until we can all have one and everyone can stop drooling so much.

• Beachplants
    12 years ago

Great plants! Thanks for posting them - it always gives some inspiration.

• caudex1
    12 years ago

Thanks Rosemarie! I got to get down there one of these years.

• cactusjordi
    12 years ago

'... I was puzzled at the photo of Eulychnia castanea f. spiralis with pottery. I can't figure out how it keeps from toppling over! The spiral formation is astounding, but all in that tiny pot?...'.

Penny,
    just before the show I repotted it into this bigger and heavy ceramic pot. Before it was in a 5' plastic pot!

Jordi

BTW: ROMA thanks for posting all the photos.
    It was my pleasure to meet with you again!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:489392}}

• hijole
    12 years ago

Cactusjordie, Now that is a wonder, does it just look as if the bends and twists start right above the base of the stock or what?

this is one of the pictures that got my attention right off the bat, very nice looking So does this whole process happen all by it's self or do you apply presure to the little guy?

Either way that is one nice looking plant which would make any parent proud :)

Greg

• rosemariero6
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Greg, glad you can see all the names now. To respond to your earlier question, I don't know how these would grow in the ground. I have 2 Dyckia-in pots. Don't have any Hechtia, though.

Also, if you want to see albums of previous year's events, I have other albums at Picasa. I believe if you click on my name near the top of the page, it will take you to the page with all my public albums.

I'm happy you're all enjoying the pix & appreciate the time & effort. It's a labor of love. :) I don't usually have TIME...and I get sidetracked easily with my crazy busy life...my middle name changed from "Sidetracked" to "Hectic". LOL! So finishing processing pix is a miracle! But...THIS time, it worked out! I still have my cartjumper album to do! :P

Gay, wish I could make it to Phoenix for your show in April. I'll be looking forward to YOUR pix & to see what ribbons YOU take home!

Penny, glad I helped you out of feeling grumpy! We'll just have to plan to meet at the next show (June? Mark your calendar)! I think you made Jordi's day~about his Eulychnia. :D Yes, these shows are a good way to see "real" plants, not just in books. That Adro. has been hard to photograph in the past. I love when it turns red. Which Echeveria book did you get?

Glad to supply a "fix" for you seedmoney (Julie?)! :) As for my cartjumpers, another album is coming-not sure if today, but soon.

Ryan, good! I was hoping for the virtual tour effect! I recall you asking Norma about her Adro. herrei before. It IS a special plant! I got mine from my dearly departed friend, Al.

Rian & Keith, Glad you like. You're welcome!

Jurgen, I was so happy to see you again! It had been too long I was away! Glad to have some of your plants as my cartjumpers! I am happy to have known your "spirals" from when they were youngsters! I'm sure I have pix of them too! The Eulychnia is a very special plant, grown by the Master!!

Now, I must take the dogs for a walk while there's a break in the rain. =D

• pennyhal
    12 years ago

Jordi, great photos! Amazing plants you have there.

• elsier
    12 years ago

Rosemarie, thanks for the id.

Elsie

• hijole
    12 years ago

Rosemarie , I have to say this since it is Valentines day, " You are a sweet heart, thank you again."

I have really been enjoying all these pics and I D's

Greg

• CorpsmanCooper
    12 years ago

Holy cow!!!!!!! Eye candy!!!!!!!!! I wish I had been able to go!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Aloe 'coral fire', Haworthia 'David Grigsby', Eulychnia castanea f. spiralis, Agave cv 'Cubic, and Echeveria fimbriata crest. I actually love everything but those were just a few of my favorites! WOW!!!! Thank you Rose Marie! Great job taking pictures. It makes me even more jealous that I don't live on the West coast!

~Erin~

• rosemariero6
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Why, Thanks, Greg! =) Glad to hear it!

So happy you enjoyed the pix, Erin! Thanks! Everyone finds stuff that wows them. That's how we get hooked...and then become Enablers! Hee hee!

• ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
    12 years ago

rosemariero6 Thank you for taking the time and effort to set all this up. I know it is a lot of work. Job well done. There are a few aloes that I will be looking to order. Oh and that fluffy crassula like you got and there were a few others now that I have a name for them. Thank you again, Paula{{gwi:464087}}

• rosemariero6
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, Paula! I'm happy you received some welcome info from it. I hope you find the ones you like!