Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
okintos

IV Camellia sasanqua Show. Boiro 2007-XII

okintos
16 years ago

Hello Cameliófilos.

It is a time of Camellias. December also is a good month of flowers of Camellias. This one weekend celebrated the Exhibition IV of Camellia sasanqua and other species of Camellia with early flowering. Boiro. A Corunna. Galicia (Spain).

Soon I will show you more photographies of some flowers that saw in this one exhibition. Regards.

{{gwi:517522}}

Comments (17)

• okintos
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
    Regards.
    Daniel D.F. Okintos
    {{gwi:517523}}

• luis_pr
    16 years ago

Happy New Year and Feliz Dia de Reyes, Daniel. Do not forget to show us some of the photos that you took in the exhibition!

• okintos
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello Luis. Hello camelliofilos.
    Happy New year and Happy Reyes Magos Day.
    Soon my Boiro's photos will be, in www.camelias.net.
    Now I put in the Forum, some photos. Also the photos of our web page, Spanish Society of the Camellia.
    Pardon for my evil English.
    Regards.

{{gwi:517524}}

{{gwi:517526}}

{{gwi:517528}}

Here is a link that might be useful: December 2007 Boiro Show. Spanish Camellia Society

• okintos
    Original Author
    16 years ago

IV Exposición de Camellia sasanqua de Boiro 2007.

Besides ' Camellia sasanqua ', in December, there can be seen beautiful varieties of Camellias, of other species. Varieties of ' Camellia japonica, as special ' Alba Fimbriata '. Even hybrid, of ' Camellia reticulata ', how ' Shangai Lady ' and 'China Lady'. There were seen many Camellia's rare flowers, in Boiro's Exhibition.
    Regards.
    Daniel D.F.OKintos

{{gwi:517530}}

{{gwi:517532}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures in www.camelias.net

• longriver
    16 years ago

The flower show must be for both Sasanqua as well as for C.japonica, etc. I noticed that one red flower with white margin is possible Tama-No-Ura, a C japonica posted by Okintos? And possible C. granthamiana flowers on the first picture?

• okintos
    Original Author
    16 years ago

BOIRO 2007 December
    IV Exhibition of Camellia sasanqua and other species of Camellia with early flowering.

Hello Longriver. It is correct, the white Camellias of the first photography, they are Camellia granthamiana. Do you ask for the Camellias of the second photography? The Camellias with red petals and white edges, are Camellia japonica Cv. ÂMERRY CHRISTMASÂ. I expose Camellia japonica Cv. ÂTAMA-NO-URAÂ photography.
    Pardon for writing badly in English.
    Regards.
    Daniel D.F.OKintos

Camellia japonica Cv.'MERRY CHRISTMAS'
    {{gwi:517523}}

Camellia japonica Cv.'TAMA-NO-URA'
    {{gwi:517534}}

Here is a link that might be useful: IV Camellia sasanqua Show Boiro 2007 December

• okintos
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Camellia sasanqua Show. BOIRO 2007 December 8 and 9

Camellia sasanqua Cv.'FRONTED STAR'
    {{gwi:517536}}

Camellia sasanqua Cv.'SPARKLINGS BRUGUNDY'
    {{gwi:517538}}

Daniel Dominguez Fernandez
    O Grove
    Pontevedra

Here is a link that might be useful: Spanish Camellia Society WEB

• snasxs
    16 years ago

Your shows are great. These are beautiful.

Sometimes, I marvel how things never change. The painting below is from Song Dynasty (1100 years ago). It gives us a rare window on the lives of ancient gardeners. Look at the arrangement. The center piece is a red Camellia cultivar. It looks like something I did last year.

{{gwi:517540}}

• okintos
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you, Snasxs. It is a beautiful picture of traditional painting. I remembered that it had a photography with a very similar topic.
    Thank you. Regards.
    {{gwi:515296}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Camellia sasanqua Show 2007 BOIRO

• okintos
    Original Author
    16 years ago

BOIRO 2007 December
    IV Exhibition of Camellia sasanqua and other species of Camellia with early flowering.
    There are more species of Camellias of early flowering. They can see and enjoy in December some hybrids of Camellia reticulata. As " China Lady ". The beautiful and big flowers of this one to cultivate, could be seen in Boiro's Exhibition.
    Regards.

China lady
    {{gwi:517541}}

{{gwi:517526}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Expo Camellia Boiro 2007 December

• okintos
    Original Author
    16 years ago

{{gwi:517542}}

This one is a time of Camellias.
    Besides the typical species of early flowering, also there are a lot of varieties of Camellia japonica that they bloom during November and December. One of these varieties is such a known 'ALBA PLENA'. There are others since 'DONA HERZILLA II' the IInd and his mother DONA HERZILLA DE FREITAS MAGALHAES. Three varieties, they are camellias of long flowering. The three continue blooming in March.
    Regards.
    Daniel D.F.OKintos
    {{gwi:517543}}

{{gwi:510633}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Boiro 2007 December.Sasanqua Show

• luis_pr
    16 years ago

I love the purple color in Doña Herzilla de Freitas Magalhães! How true is the color in the photo when compared to the blossoms, Daniel?

• okintos
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello Luis.
    Your doubt is correct. Dona Herzilla de Freitas Magalhaes ", it affects the soil and the climate in his coloration. He needs an USDA 9 or 10. Also a clayey soil or "esquistoso". Do not be, if the words are correct in English for "arcilloso" and "esquistoso". In the photographies, the differences can be seen by the colours red and pink. In colder climates and different soils, this one camellia The fans, like the colour of the stained wine of some varieties of flowers of camellia. But to It Dona can be red or violet.
    Regards.
    Daniel D.F. Okintos

{{gwi:511403}}

{{gwi:517544}}

2008/3/15-16.
    2008 Soutomaior's Castle Camellia Show.
    Click in Projection of slides ( Click in Proyección de Diapositivas).

Here is a link that might be useful: Soutomaior Castle Camellia Show

• snasxs
    16 years ago

LOL, the basket looks somewhat similar ;-)

Another lovely flower:
    {{gwi:517545}}

• okintos
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello Snasxs.
    Thank you for your photographies. Another bucket of flowers of Camellias.
    Regards.

{{gwi:517546}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Gallaecia Fulget Camellia Show 2008

• okintos
    Original Author
    15 years ago

'YULETIDE', is one of the most popular Camellias in the contest of December that is celebrated in Boiro. It is one to cultivate of camellia with an abundant and showy flowering. It is very good to form flowery hedges in November and December.
    Regards.
    {{gwi:517547}}

{{gwi:517548}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Camellia sasanqua Show 2007 BOIRO

• snasxs
    15 years ago

wonderful!

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio
More Discussions