Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cutterpup

I got a bog for Mother's Day

cutterpup
16 years ago

Hi all. I don't mean to cross post but I am just so excited and not everyone reads all the forums on GW. I am the orchid lover who had posted a while back about wanting small tropical CPs to go with my indoor orchid setup. Someone had given me two sundews and got me hooked. Of course after starting to read this forum dreams of native pitcher plants invaded my mind.

Yesterday afternoon my husband, daughter, son and daughter-in-law all ganged up on me. They made me sit down and watch as they hauled over my whiskey barrel, placed it on blocks (to keep the bottom wood from contact with the ground),leveled it and proceeded to mix sand and peat and water and have a grand old time putting together my new bog. They even remembered the perferated pipe. It's sitting in a sunny location in the front garden right off the front porch so I can sit and watch it grow. Every once in while my son would go out and stir it to make sure there were no dry pockets. This morning I put a cover layer of dried sphagnum and wetted it down

Now for the planting, I can't wait. WooHoo.

Judy

Comments (2)