Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amberdim

what if...

amberdim
10 years ago

What if i focus on cultivating scale... will my citrus get soo pi..d with me so it will start growing and producing some other things then scale... just tired of the battle...
All of my trees indoors for the season and seem like nothing works to get the bug under control... tryed everything...

Comments (2)

• orangelime1
    10 years ago

Scale farming I wonder if it has ever been done before.
    You never know maybe they taste great in soup or something we might even make a fortune with this. I have had them in the past not very pleasant. I would suggest taking the trees outside and give them a real good wash , and removing the scales that don't come off with a rag . It takes time but we'll worth it.If you can't take the trees outside then take them to the bath tub and shower them leaving the pot outside the bathtub, kind of a tilt and wash.I have done this in the past and really worked for scale and spider mites.The problem will tend to go away as the summer goes on.. Plants and humans do much better when they are outside in the fresh air.

• amberdim
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Looks like I'm winning this battle.... fingers crossed did not see any scale for a week now. Will continue to spray every week with hort oil for maybe few more weeks...will post an update. Thank you orangelime1 for your suggestions.