Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laurarobichaud

Hybrid Aloes

Laura Robichaud
10 years ago

I have some really cute aloes. Some had tags, some didn't. They did some nice growing this summer outside.

Pretty sure the first two pictures are Christmas Carol:
{{gwi:636074}}
{{gwi:636075}}
Unknown aloe:
{{gwi:636076}}

Aloe Donnie:
{{gwi:636077}}

Unknown Aloe...this one is on the larger size of small. The edges turn orange in the sun:
{{gwi:636078}}

Aloe Jimmy:
{{gwi:636079}}

Aloe Twilight Zone:
{{gwi:636080}}

Aloe Minnibelle:
{{gwi:636081}}

Unknown but could be Pink Blush or Lizard Lips?
{{gwi:636082}}

Comments (19)

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    10 years ago

I think #2 is an A. deltoideodonta, I think. There are several varieties. KG just came out with one that is hitting the trade call "Sparkler". I don't think it is it. That one is larger. and the markings on the leaf are accompaanied by some light vertical markings.

• intelinside1
    10 years ago

Very nice! I love al these new breeds popping u great pics!
    I picked up a good sized Kalancholoe at home depot of all places (i think it's called mother of tousands or something like that) well the little plantlets are similar to your Pink Blush and make the main plan pink on the outside.
    Very cool!

• hanzrobo
    10 years ago

They're all looking great! I agree with W about the deltoideodonta. The one right below Donnie might be 'Fang'. I really like 'Twilight Zone', haven't seen that one. I think it has some Gasteria in its lineage, or maybe even a little H. pumila? The last one is 'Pink Blush', fo sho.

If you like hybrid Aloes, here's something to get excited about! Introducing 'Frederic', 'Fritz', 'Francois', 'Fergie' and the rest!

• laura1
    10 years ago

I love those hybrid aloes. I can't pass one by! Thanks for sharing ... several I don't have!

• Laura Robichaud
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ryan all those "F" aloes are SO cool! Are you their creator?

• Laura Robichaud
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Laura, I can't pass them by either. I love how they are mostly small, as space is at a premium!

• hanzrobo
    10 years ago

Thanks, Laura! They're not really named yet but yes, I hold the paintbrush in that relationship. We should have some interesting results in the next year.

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    10 years ago

Massive Daddy Ryan,

I'll take 'Festus' in the middle right, please. BTW, when the sucker mcs try to chump your style let them know that you're versatile

Laura,

I used to be a species snob, back when I had the room and the opportunity to have hundreds of them, eschewing the hybrids. Now that I don't have the room, I've joined the hybrid club, while still having a few species - they're both a way to have Aloe love all year long, never mind what's in the woodpile.

This post was edited by cactusmcharris on Wed, Sep 11, 13 at 0:42

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    10 years ago

I must admit that I am a species snob with a few mutts hiding in the corners. Some are even NAMELESS mutts without pedigree.

• nil13
    10 years ago

This makes me want to show off my F2 seedlings from Blimey Limey.

• Laura Robichaud
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I like to find out names so I can read more about them and look at pics on the web. Other than that, just love the plants.

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    10 years ago

Nil,

Sure! I'd like to see them.

Laura,

You have to get a 'Vito'. I'll make you an offer you can't refuse...if mine ever grows a pup....

• Laura Robichaud
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sounds good to me!

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    10 years ago

I have A. deltodiodonta var fallax, A jucunda, and Aloe hemmingii blooming at the same time.... HMMMM

This post was edited by wantonamara on Wed, Sep 11, 13 at 11:42

• hanzrobo
    10 years ago

MC Hank, your 'Festus' is my requestus. It's going to be interesting, picking out the best and culling the rest. It's gonna hurt but it's the responsible thing to do.

Mara, I know you have the magic touch!

Nil, Let's see 'em!!!

• hanzrobo
    10 years ago

Hi Laura,

I just wanted to bump this thread up so you would see it. I've responded to every email you've sent but I don't get the impression you've received any of my replies. I even sent you an email through Garden Web.

Thank you for the package! I hope you see this because I really wanted to say thanks and see what you might fancy in return.

• Laura Robichaud
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ryan, they went to spam. SO sorry! Not sure what's going on with that.

You're welcome.

OMG I have room for NOTHING right now. Everything's going inside now here in Mass. I have to bring some of the cacti up to my cabin in VT because most will do well in the cool (55 degrees) temps during the week with low care in the winter. I'm keeping the aloes, echeverias, mesembs, epis in Mass. Can I take a rain check?

• hanzrobo
    10 years ago

Awesome! I'm so glad this worked, figured I might be in your spam. I'm sure you've marked me as "not spam" for the future.

Well, ok, no package for now. A rain check it is. So, you were cleaning house on me, huh?:) Good thing I got your attention, I was just going to send a package anyway. It was very nice of you to send the package even though you hadn't received a reply from me.

Well, your babies have found a good home. I can't wait to see the blooms on 'Twilight Zone'!
    It's foggy here today.

• kuroc
    10 years ago

Christmas Carol is on my wish list now :)
    I'll order one next year.