Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
coniferjoy

Pinus wallichiana 'Densa Hill'

coniferjoy
11 years ago

I'm looking for some pics of this one.
Also pics of it's cones are very welcome.
Many thanks in advance!

Comments (14)

• Sara Malone Zone 9b
    11 years ago

Edwin here is a shot of mine. I can't remember if it has any cones still on it (and needless to say they'd be old ones at this time of year). I bought it as 'Densa Hillii'. Is that incorrect? Do you want me to try to get some close ups? This one is rather far off.
    Sara
    ps do you still want scion wood from my 'Nutans' that no one thinks is a 'Nutans'?

Here is a link that might be useful: Pinus wallichiana 'Densa Hillii'

• clement_2006
    11 years ago

I'm not sure if he exist, but often replaced by Pinus strobus "Fastigiata"
    I have some in the past but all are cutted back.
    Clement

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    11 years ago

now sara.. i am just asking right now..

but does sara's link make anyone elses computer crash.. or just my old dinosaur??? .. i should say.. it made firefox crash ...

ken

• Sara Malone Zone 9b
    11 years ago

Ken I use Safari but just tried it with Firefox with no problems...never makes mine crash although it sometimes takes a few seconds to load...anyone else? I also just went to the site where the photo is stored and checked the number of views and it is multiple hundreds so someone is clicking on it!

• gamekeeper
    11 years ago

Mine crashed as well but is also a dinosaur,ATT can't replace this 30+ yr terminal

• Sara Malone Zone 9b
    11 years ago

It would be the cpu not the monitor...but maybe your cpu is also an older model. The photos are very small - hard for me to know if they are small enough as I never have any problems but am using a relatively new (2 years old) computer. Anyone have any advice?

11 years ago

i think it is that it is loading a full compliment of a slide show ... mine loaded for upwards of 3 minutes.. with highspeed comcast .. and i couldnt do anything else.. 99% of my cpu ... [at least it let me open my task manager.. to watch the horror .. lol ..]

is there any way to link to a single pic.. rather than the slide show???? [and it takes me to the slide show.. thru you main alpha page ... and i dont understand why it has to load your alpha page first .. perhaps its all in your cache.. and that is why you zip thru it.. and i dont ....] ...

yes .. it is old.. with lots of ram ... running XP ...

and please.. this is a curiosity.. and not anything else ...

ken

• Sara Malone Zone 9b
    11 years ago

Yeah I will try to cut and paste the photo out of there...the way I do it avoids completely Photobucket etc (which after reading some of the other threads I am happy to be able to do!)
    I will work on.
    Sara

• coniferjoy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I was asking for pics, not computer talk... ;0)

11 years ago

i meant to come back this morning ... and apologize ... for hijacking this post ... sorry edwin.. i will rely on your wink and smile [ ;0) ] .. and hope you are OK with it ..

ken

• Sara Malone Zone 9b
    11 years ago

Edwin, what is the correct name? (Ken and I are lousy techno-nerds - better that we stick to plants!)
    Sara

• coniferjoy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sara, thanks for your photo.
    I wanted to talk about this conifer but Clement said all before what I had in mind to say.

He's right that this one isn't a Pinus wallichiana cultivar.
    This one is another renaming for Pinus stobus 'Fastigiata'.
    The needles are typical for Pinus strobus.
    Also the cones I saw of this one were Pinus strobus cones...

• rispetto
    11 years ago

{{gwi:640907}}
    My one prepared for winter

• Sara Malone Zone 9b
    11 years ago

Ack so the species is wrong as well as the cultivar name???? Ok will change it!