Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faltered_gw

Seed Swap photo!

faltered
16 years ago

Oh boy, I am swamped under this HUGE pile of seeds here!

I cannot believe how many people joined in on the swap this year. I am completely overwhelmed. Mike thinks I'm nuts to be doing this and this year I am almost agreeing! hahaha

I thought I'd share one of the photos of the envelopes piled up with you all.

{{gwi:615950}}

I have most of the actual swapping done at this point. But I still have to address all of the envelopes and put postage on, etc. So it'll take me a few more days to work on that. I'm hoping I can get them out by Thanksgiving, but I'm not sure I'll have time. I'll keep you all posted!

Tracy

buried under a mountain of seeds

Comments (13)

• downeastwaves
    16 years ago

WOWZAH! That is a HUGE pile of swappers!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR DOING IT!!!!!!

I'm afraid to ask....did you count how many folks participated this year?

• FlowerLady6
    16 years ago

Oh my gosh, Tracy you are a wonder to be doing all of this. That is mind boggling for sure. Don't get stressed out over sending these out by Thanksgiving. Sheesh, none of us would hold it against you at all.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

• faltered
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Nope, no actual count yet Leasa. I SHOULD count them before I mail them, just for kicks. Maybe I'll do that.

Tracy

• Eduarda
    16 years ago

I can't believe the sheer amount of envelopes on that pile! So kind of you to go through all this trouble for your fellow cottagers!

Big thank yous
    Eduarda

• angelcub
    16 years ago

Wowzah is right! I don't know how you manage it all. There must be some way to make this easier on you. I'm not sure of all the particulares since I don't participate ( I am THE worst seedsaver, lol!) but would it be possible for everyone to send you a stamped, self addressed envelope so you don't have to address them and put the postage on them?

Hang in there and keep the bandaids handy for those paper cuts. : )

Diana

• todancewithwolves
    16 years ago

OMGosh! I'd be rolling on them like a pile of jewels on the bed, saying mine, mine, mine, while throwing them up in the air.

*sigh* I hope you got my e-mail Tracy, I wasn't able to be in the swap this year. I didn't even hardly garden this year and how I've missed my garden.

Great big pat on the back to you and your hubby for a job well done.

Edna

• PattiOH
    16 years ago

Tracy,
    You really are made of "special stuff".
    That was/is one heck of a job.
    If you were running for anything, I'd vote for you in a heartbeat.
    Patti

• memo3
    16 years ago

Goodness gracious! I'm not feeling bad, anymore, that I didn't get my seeds sent in. I don't know how you keep it all straight. My grandson (3yo) was here for a few weeks and I never got a chance to put all my seeds in little envelopes. I still have them all in cups and bowls on one of my counters in the kitchen. I kept trying but it just never happened. Oh well maybe next year. I'll just toss the seeds out into my own beds after tilling in the spring and should have a gorgeous cutting garden if nothing else.

Thanks for doing this for everyone Tracy, it's becoming the highlight of the gardening year, for many, I think.

MeMo

• thinman
    16 years ago

Holey Moley, Tracy, thank you very much for doing this out of just the goodness of your heart. Please don't feel you need to rush them all out to us. It will be months before many of us can use them, although I'm sure you would like to get them the heck out of your house as soon as you can.

We are all beholden to you. Bless your heart.

ThinMan

• faltered
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh thank you all for your kind words. I'm just glad it's over with!! Well, mostly. I have them all addressed and ready to go. Just have to get my butt to the post office.

Can you just picture the look on their faces when I walk in with these huge bags of envelopes!! I'll need a CART to get them in the door. Talk about disgruntled postal workers. ;o)

Tracy

• cooperbailey
    16 years ago

I hope the starbucks card helped get you thru. I shoulda sent a margarita card instead after seeing the pile! LOL Sue

• ghoghunter
    16 years ago

Wowie!!! What a huge pile of envelopes. Well I am excited but have no problem waiting. I cannot imagine all the work you put in to do this for us!!! You are so kind and generous!!
    Joann

• cziga
    16 years ago

It really is incredible that you volunteer to do this year after year, I would never be able to keep all those envelopes straight. Thank you so much for doing this for all of us!!!

I think my post office would kick me out if they saw that many envelopes waiting to be mailed. They aren't the most hardworking lot out there =P Thank you again . . .

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting