Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosemariero

Selection of Sux

rosemariero
10 years ago

Too easy to get carried away with my pix, so tried to limit my selection. Started with one bloomer & then decided...what the heck...add some more while I'm at it! Some are gifts or part of trades with other forum members. Nice that I have survivors!

Just a few to share for now...click for larger view:
{{gwi:704746}} {{gwi:704747}} {{gwi:704748}}

{{gwi:704749}} {{gwi:704750}} {{gwi:704752}}

{{gwi:704754}} {{gwi:704756}} {{gwi:704759}}

{{gwi:704762}} {{gwi:704764}} {{gwi:704768}}

{{gwi:704770}} {{gwi:704773}} {{gwi:704775}}

Comments (11)

• oldstumpy1 Long Island ny
    10 years ago

I see we got our laptop back.
    not only can you id them you can grow them.
    luv all of them

Richard

• paul_
    10 years ago

Really like the Kalanchoe, Aloe and "Baby's necklace"!

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yessss, Richard! And 1st download from my camera yielded 1000 pix to process! Yikes! Have since taken another 1000! Many sunsets, so no worry here about those. Did get more of my front yard project (bricks, dirt-moving, rocks, etc.)

Glad you liked, guys!

Glad to say all the plants you sent me are still alive, Richard. Sorry to say I cannot say the same for some gifts from other folks. :(

I thought I would get some household chores done while it's RAINing here! NOT!

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    10 years ago

They are all beautiful, love that Kalanchoe. Agree with Richard.
    Rina

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    10 years ago

Very cool plants, many of which I'd never seen before! They all look fantastic.

• camellia1_gw
    10 years ago

LOVE...LOVE...the Hummel's Sunsets!

• wweidele
    10 years ago

I love the hummels nice colors great pics :)

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

Love them all,like the op some of these I've never seen before.Enjoyed the tour.

Looks like our rain is gone for a couple days,it was good and we needed it,and it allowed me some time to get in my sewing room and do a few things.
    Tfs
    kathi

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    10 years ago

Thanks, Rosemarie, for these great pics! ;-)
    Nice to see a couple of your Jades. Fantastic color.

Josh

• hanzrobo
    10 years ago

What a great bunch of plants!... and you're welcome!!:)

Your Aeonium 'Starburst' is a work of art and I really like that Aloe from Pete. K. rombopilosa - I've had such a hard time with them.

So, you think my Gasteria is excelsa? It does look a lot like some photos I've seen of a non-spotted variety.

Oh, and the Plectranthus socotranum! Never seen that one, does it smell skunky or like a pine tree?

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, everyone! I was gone all day yesterday, so I see I have a bit of catching-up to do! =)

Rina, That Kalanchoe rhombopilosa was knocked over & beat up by an opposum trying to escape our dogs. It came back--dropped leaves & multiplied. Yay! Some K. x houghtonii babies are also residing in the pot-soon to be evicted. :P (Ryan, I have to take care not to bump them-leaves fall off easily.)

Tiffany & Kathi, glad to show some you have not seen. :)

Camellia, Bill & Josh, I love the H.S. plants, too--color, color, color!

Ryan, The thing about the A. 'Starburst' ~ its looks change depending on its growing conditions. That particular one was in the shade of the other, larger rosettes in pic immed after (some of which were also 'Starburst' ~looking very diff~the largest in the group shot).

I love that Aloe from Pete also ~parentage unknown, but guessed at~ & others who have seen it want it! The mother plant is gone, but some pups survived, thankfully!

Yes, I think your Gasteria is excelsa (cannot say if I think a hybrid, though, as I'm not that up on identifying the lot). =) Considering the look of the other recipients' leaves/plants, seems likely.

And happy to show you previously unseen Plec. socotranum. Had to go out to sniff, as I've never gotten a whiff before. Hard to describe, but minty fresh, mentolatum, eucalyptus are descriptors that come to mine. Hee hee! Makes you want to do more sniffing & whiffing, so I'd say it's a pleasant fragrance. I had to get very close/rub leaves to smell.