Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scents_from_heaven

Epcot Flower and Garden Show 2007

scents_from_heaven
17 years ago

The annual flower and garden show at Epcot is April 5-June 3 this year and will feature pirates and princesses. It is an awesome event. I will be able to take six oeople who are interested into the event at no charge. It will have to be 3 people one day and three people on a different day. I wish I could take more, but I have to stretch my pass for the year and for my husband's use. If anyone is interest, please give me dates and I will see when I can accomodate you. Linda

Comments (23)

• solstice98
    17 years ago

I have a season pass this year so I won't need to use one of Linda's passes but I would love to go with a group of gardenwebbers! Please count me in, Linda!
    Kate

• beth7happy
    17 years ago

Thank you, Linda...will have to pass this year, however. MUCH going on here...family coming in from Phoenix and also my son is getting married.... It's a great way to be busy, tho!

• tropicalfreak
    17 years ago

I might be interested... : )

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Just let me know which weekend. Linda

• gardengal98390
    17 years ago

I will be traveling from Seattle to the Epcot Flower Show the week of April 22nd. Would love to meet up with a local gardener to learn about Florida gardening. I don't need a pass but that would be a nice extra. Would also appreciate recommendations of gardens to visit in the Orlando/Tampa area. Thanks

• solstice98
    17 years ago

Gardengal:
    When in Orlando you should visit our local botanical garden. It's not huge but it is beautiful. It's called Leu Gardens and is right in the center of town. They have a nice web site, too.
    Kate

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I can do mornings until 12 during the week and I can give you almost all day on the weekends.
    sorry for the delay in responding as I have been busy with my new business and work and gardening and doing things with my hubby and a computer crash and on and on and on. Linda

• nami
    17 years ago

linda -

i have heard a lot about the epcot garden show but never had a chance to actually see it.

it wud be fun to explore it with a local gardener

i live about 30 mins from epcot. do u want to meet me there sometime in april. let me know which weekend or weekday works for u and i will clear my calendar. i cud pick u up if u'd like.

and i dont have a pass yet, if u have a spare one can u help me

thanks,
    nami

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Nami, I would love to go to EPCOT with you and I can get you in. Let me look at my calendar and see what is free. It may be this Sunday if you are free. Just give me a yell. Linda

• nami
    17 years ago

linda - thanks for the invite.

can u see how are u placed say wednesday april 25 - friday april 27. if those dates arent good i can do this sunday.

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Nami, I work during the week. I have Sat and Sun off. I have checked my calendar and have Sun the 29th free. I do volunteer work at Give Kids the World that takes up a lot of my time along with getting my new business off the ground. I have a meeting this Sat and then out to GKTW and then Sunday I am free until 4 pm. Tues of next week I am free in the morning for about three hours. The following weekend I am attending the plant swap and then on Sun have business obligations. The following Sat we have a major shoot and then I am free that Sun. If any of those days suit you better than I am here. I can do mornings some days during the week but have to be at work by 2. Sorry for the tight schedule but that is my life. I fit church, gardening and quality time with my husband inbetween everything. If you need a photographer or wedding planner let me know. *g* Linda. I can take two other people with us on any of those days if anyone is interested. Linda

• solstice98
    17 years ago

Linda, is that Sunday the 29th that you are free? I may be able to go then if anyone is interested. I've got a pass so wouldn't be using up one of yours.
    Kate

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yes, Soltice, I am free on the 29th. Maybe we could get a small group together to go. Hey, Tony, want to join us? Linda

• solstice98
    17 years ago

I just added a post to the Discussions page about it - maybe more people will see it there.
    Tony & MaryBeth? Their buddy Marv?
    Pat Patsums?
    Pat Zozzl?
    Nicki & Marcia?
    Evelyn?
    Gini and Lynne from Melbourne?
    Cliff?
    Tom?
    Helen?
    Peter?
    All the "K" people? (Kat, Kathy, Katkin, Kara, Karla?)
    A carload from Down South?
    Sorry to the dozens I didn't list!

• nami
    17 years ago

linda, sunday the 29th works for me. will u be attending the swap at susan's on April 21?

• solstice98
    17 years ago

Didn't see much activity here on the group thing so DH and I went today (28th). Had a blast and took some good pictures (I hope!). I'll get a few posted soon. Tired, sunburned and brain swirling with new ideas for container gardens. Or maybe it's swirling from that last pint of Cider at the Rose and Crown. Either way, it was a fun day.

Butterfly house was a disappointment this year. Not sure why, but it didn't seem very special. The material they used for siding was rough and most of the butterflies had badly torn up wings - I'm sure it was from beating against the sides and roof.

• carmiewest
    17 years ago

Solstice,

I was there on Saturday too! I wish I had known you were going to go. I did not have time to check the board before I went.... I did not get to see everything like I wanted because I was there with my two small children but I am happy with the stuff I saw. Lots of inspiration. I loved the outdoor rooms with the fireplace and the furniture.

We were dissapointed with the butterfly house too. There were few butterflies this time. My daughter loved the Tinkerbell garden and she wants to make some fairy houses/gardens.
    Carmen

• solstice98
    17 years ago

Me too! I want fairy houses too!
    And the outdoor rooms were to die for. I really want the pots that look like rats are crawling out of them. Sounds creepy but they were absolutely cool!

Sorry I didnt' know you were there, but I'm glad you had a good time.

Kate

• msmarion
    17 years ago

Carmen and Kate I thought you might enjoy this web site.

Here is a link that might be useful: Click here!

• solstice98
    17 years ago

Cute link Marion - Thanks!

Here's a couple from last year's Epcot Fest. I still haven't gotten around to transferring my news ones off the camera yet.

• carmiewest
    17 years ago

Marion,

Thank you for the link. I will definitely make some. My daughter is showing a lot of interest in plants and I want to keep it alive.

Here she is looking at one of the fairy houses. I kept telling her not to touch but she could not help it!

• msmarion
    17 years ago

Too cute! Thanks for sharing your pictures. What ever it takes Carmen, to get them away from the 'puter and TV.

I'm thinking of going to Maine for the Fairy Festival in August and taking my 3rd cousin Jez, she's 6 (and the closest I'll ever come to having a grandbaby). I loved playing in the woods when I was a kid. Didn't know about fairies though, if I had I would have built them houses!
    Marion

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sorry guys for not making Sunday the 29th. Hubby had several nasty falls and suffered some bleeding in his brain. He is doing a lot better now but came down with food posioning as did I this past week. Am back going stong and still available to take several people to the show. Let me know. Linda