Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jean_ar

a few more photos today

jean_ar
10 years ago

Took a few more photo's today.Thought my camera was broke or some thing when I started , as everytime I turned it on and snapped a photo, it shut off, then after a few trys like that,it would only stay on for a few seconds then shut off again,and I sure thought My camera was a goner and I would have to try to get another one. but took it inside and put fresh new batteries in it again,and to my surprise it has worked beautifully since then.I never thought about batteries as I had just put batteries in it last time I took a picture about a week ago. I was really happy when it only needed more batteries.
This one is the Black T.B. Iris. been blooming for several days.mY daughter looked at it and said "weird but pretty"

Comments (8)

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Iris looks like Here comes the Night, Jean. I love the Rio Samba rose you posted. Lots of blooming going on.

Jean, I told the photobucket IT person about the trouble you were having, and he said he hoped you would contact them since you should be able to use it, and it shouldn't cut off or anything else like that. They were really good to straighten out my problems. At the top, under the help prompt there is a littl drop down menu. Contact is under it. Good luck.
    kay

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

oh Thank you kay,I was thinking about sending you a email or some thing to ask if you could help me learn how to do it again..I have not posted photos for a long time, so I figure I have to lern all over again.I told my young daughter a few days ago, you think that busted head I got in November did some thing to my being able to do it this year. She says no as I am sharp as ever and aint nothing wrong with me.I told her well this was easy last year, this year I can not do it, she says no I just need a little help since they must have changed some thing. :))
    Oh glad you liked the photos.

jean

• deluxemoonpie
    10 years ago

That is the best black iris I've seen... mine is Hello Darkness, but isn't quite that BLACK. What is the name of this one?

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

deluxemoonpie ;This IRIS is really black.I had never seen a black one before, but, this one is as black as it can be.I love it.I have a pretty blue one too that bloomed last year, but has not bloomed this year.It don't even have a bud on it yet.

jean

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

deluxemoonpie ;;I have forgotten the name of that black iris and the plant marker is gone too, but, if I can find a not I had with the name of it,I will let you know.Kay is probably right about the name of it, but, I will try to find out the name for you.

jean

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Jean, I think it was HERE COMES THE NIGHT.

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

deluxemoonpie ; There you go with the name of it.RITA sent it to me, so she knows the name of it.HERE COMES THE NIGHT. Thank you Rita, going to go make me another marker for it right now. don't know where the one went to I had by it.

Jean

• houstmag
    10 years ago

WOW!! what a stunning iris Jean, I've never seen one so dark.
    Linda