Thuja occid. "Hilside"

Thuja occid. "Trompenburg"

Thuja occid. "Shirrmann"

Thuja occid. "Santa Anna"

Clément

Comments (9)

• gardener365
    14 years ago

I acquired a 'Trompenberg' last year. Nice plants Clement.

Dax

• coniferjoy
    14 years ago

Hi Dax,

It's 'Trompenburg' instead of 'Trompenberg'.
    This is the one at my collection.
    Thuja occidentalis 'Trompenburg'

• mrgpag SW OH Z5/6
    14 years ago

I really like the structure and texture of the foliage on Thuja occidentalis "Shirrmann". And I bet that plant isn't available here in the State? Appears that it may be multi-stemmed though - yes or no? And is the plant in the left background the same?

Marshall

• coniferjoy
    14 years ago

Clément took these photo's at the Horstmann Nursery in Germany, except for the one with the 'Trompenburg', it's taken in his own garden.
    Horstmann's garden is much to dark with all the big trees in the neighbourhood in which you can see to the quality of the plants, specially the dwarf one's.

Mr. Schirrmann is a good friend of my since I met him during the Dutch Conifer Sociey trip to northern Germany and Scandinavia.
    He found this 'Schirrmann' as a seedling which is normaly seen a one stemmed tree.

• evansgm
    14 years ago

I love, love, love the 'Santa Anna' - which means they probably aren't available in the U.S. Appears to be relatively tall and narrow - ??

• gardener365
    14 years ago

I agree with Marshall, I really really like that Shirrmann. That's a nice plant.

Dax

• clement_2006
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thuja occidentalis "Brobek Tower"

Clément

• gardener365
    14 years ago

Superb, I like how you've planted it all.

Dax

• coniferjoy
    14 years ago

Very nice plant indeed Clément, but as you could have seen in the "Thuja occidentalis cv. Part " I mentioned that it must be written as 'Brobeck's Tower'.
    This seedlingselection from 'Spiralis' is found by Anders Brobeck from Sweden.

'Sphaerica'

Selected in the U.K.

'Watnong Dwarf'

Selected by the Watnong Nursery, U.S.

'Golden Tuffet'

An Iseli selection, found as a mutation on a 'Rheingold'.
    It seems to be more populair in Europe then in the U.S. as I don't see it posted by anyone else here.

'Vervaenean's Gold'

This is a yellow mutation found on a 'Vervaeneana'.
    The 'Vervaeneana' was selected by M. Verveane from Belgium.
    In front of the 'Vervaenean's Gold' there's a 'Malonyana' which is one of the best column forms, it's found as a seedlingselection in the Czech Republic.

'Spotty Smaragd'

Found by myself as a white variegated mutation on a 'Smaragd'.
    Simular mutations were found like the 'Starstruck' which do have the same characteristics.

'Strasko W.B.'

I received this one from Jan Slama from the Czech Republic during the Poland-Czech Replublic Tour with the British- and Dutch Conifer Societies in 2008.