Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faltered_gw

Seed Swap deadling coming up

faltered
17 years ago

Just a note to you all that there is less than one week to go until the deadline for the swap.

I've received about a dozen or so packages so far with some wonderful goodies in them.

Please make sure you pop your seeds in the mail ASAP so they can reach me by the 31st!

Tracy

Comments (51)

• haziemoon
    17 years ago

I finally had to take mine to the post office yesterday.
    The seeds on some of my favorites just didn't ripening fast enough to include. I only got a couple heads from my Oranges and Lemons, they are still going strong. I really wanted to inclued more packets of those beauties. Oh well!

Thanks again for doing this Tracy.
    You've had so much going on!

Haziemoon

• todancewithwolves
    17 years ago

Tracy, I need your address again. I'm e-mailing you.

Edna

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

Tracy, can you post a list of the members you've received from? Just so we can make sure the ones we sent made it to you alright.

• haziemoon
    17 years ago

A running list would be great. Might be a bit of a pain for you though. But it would be nice to know if they made it.
    Tastfullyjulie, it sounds like you have lost things in the mail like I have!

Haziemoon

• faltered
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Just a thought, but perhaps next year we might want to consider pushing the deadline back by a few weeks.

What do you all think?

That way those of you in warmer climates can save more seeds.

I'll see if I can make a list of whose seeds have come in so far and post tomorrow or over the weekend.

Tracy

• pat_tea
    17 years ago

Tracy; I need your address too. I e-mailed you but haven't heard. I'll try again.

• threeorangeboys
    17 years ago

Hi Tracy
    I need your address too! I sent you an email, but haven't heard back.
    thanks so much for doing this!
    Can't wait to see all the seeds.

• Eduarda
    17 years ago

Hi Tracy

I posted the seeds to you today. I'm not sure whether they'll make it to you before the 31st, because I'm never sure how long things take to the US from here - sometimes it's very, very quick, others it takes a while longer. Anyway, you know they're on their way and hopefully will make it to you soon.

Eduarda

• todancewithwolves
    17 years ago

Tracy- I also e-mailed you but I don't know if you got it. I NEED your address :-)

Edna

• keesha2006
    17 years ago

tracy..I also need your address..seeds ready to go today..all I need is your addy

• fammsimm
    17 years ago

Tracy,

I for one would like to see the deadline pushed back a few weeks next year, if everyone is in agreement. It really would be helpful to us warm climate gardeners.

The high today is 84 degrees (29 C), the flowers are in full bloom, and there's nothing to deadhead. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Where is the fall weather???

Marilyn

• threeorangeboys
    17 years ago

My seeds are all ready to go- soon as I get your address, I'll pop them in the mail! :)

• faltered
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I have no idea why this happened, but for some reason I never received ANY of your emails! Did you all email me through my member page? That is my updated email, so I don't know why I never got them.

In any event: Edna, Pat_tea, & Keesha, I emailed you my address. Threeoranges, you don't have an email link on your member page so could you try emailing me again?

Sorry for the problems!

Tracy

• thinman
    17 years ago

Tracy, I have emailed you as well, but haven't heard back.

ThinMan

• fammsimm
    17 years ago

Tracy,

I put your home address in my personal address book last year. Nothing has changed, has it?

Just wanted to confirm that last year's address is still good.

You're a doll for taking on this project again this year. I really appreciate that you are taking the time to organize this. You're the best!

Marilyn

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

Marilyn,
    I'll take your seedless 84 degrees any day!!!!!

Freezing cold,
    Julie

• faltered
    Original Author
    17 years ago

ThinMan: I emailed you through your member page. You should have my address now.

Sarah Humphries: I tried emailing you twice but your emails bounce back. I have no other way to get you my address.

I respond to everyone within one day, so if you haven't heard from me, please email me again.

Tracy

• faltered
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Just a note: I went to my member page and emailed myself to see if it would come through. It did NOT. My email address is entered correctly, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

It might be easier for people to go here:
    My website contact form

And just fill out the form. Make sure you enter your email address correctly so I can reply with my mailing address.

Sorry for all of this confusion. I guess that explains why I have not gotten any of your emails. There must be a problem with GW's mail system somehow.

Tracy

• threeorangeboys
    17 years ago

Hi Tracy
    I sent one via your web site two days ago, but I sent another one just now, so hopefully you get one of those.
    Looking forward to hearing from you!
    Thanks so much
    Sarah

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi Tracey,
    The email is only working by having a clickable email link on the 'send me an email' page. The box to write a message in has not been working. You don't have your GW account set up to have a clickable email link.
    I sent my seeds out yesterday. It is a large pkg.! It would be nice to have a bit more time next year though. I sent only seeds from my garden from this year, and I have a few items that the seeds are not ripe or just ripening(even with our snow!)that would of like to have sent.
    Remy

• threeorangeboys
    17 years ago

Hi Tracy,
    Got your message- seeds are on their way! Thanks for all your patience and for doing this!
    Sarah

• friend
    17 years ago

Hi Tracy!

I emailed you yesterday just to let you know that I mailed out my seeds yesterday. So you should have them tuesday since I live only a state away. However- I will owe you postage funds to get it back to me.. the postal person at the post office was just not understanding that i wanted to prepay the same weight as what i sent out on the empty envelope for you to use to get back to me! soo anyway- i can mail you some cash or a check for that. No big deal I hope. I dont mind just sending you extra for all your efforts on this!!!

By the way though- my email to you yesterday didnt' go through.. Not sure why- my last one did and you replied.. this time I replied to your reply and it said there was an error. Oh well..! Just know my seeds will be there very soon, I am sorry if they end up beign a day late!

I also vote for a later deadline next year. My pink turtle head and Montawk daisies arent ready yet even though we had frost and cold cold temps! :( I wanted to share those for sure. If i can harvest them though- I will let every one know when I get those seeds and do a few private trades just to get them out to those who wanted them.

excited for my first seed swap and winter sowing experience!

Friend

• faltered
    Original Author
    17 years ago

As promised, here is a list of all the seeds I have received so far. Many didn't include their GW name, so I'm just putting your first name and town. You should know who you are from that!

Joyce (Mount Juliet, TN)
    Donald (Selisgrove, PA)
    Cappellieri (Bristol, CT)
    Cathleen (Ontario, Canada)
    Joann (Levittown, PA)
    Meg (Puyallup, WA)
    Rene (St. Louis, MO)
    Barbara (Punsis, MO)
    Anne (Fullerton, CA)
    Glynis (Atlanda, GA)
    Peggy (Ballinger, TX)
    Kym (Prairie City, TX)
    Tracy (Decatur, GA)
    Barb (Brinkhaven, OH)
    Mary (Medford, OR)
    Suzy (Indianapolis, IN)
    Jessica (Mechanicsburg, PA)
    Cathy (Orville, OH)
    Gigi (Thousand Oaks, CA)
    Julie (Lewiston, NY)
    Sherry (Grand Junction, CO)
    Leasa (Eastport, ME)
    Molly (Harlem, GA)
    Fiwa (Federal Way, WA)
    Remy (Tonawanda, NY)

Tracy

• Pamela Church
    17 years ago

Mine are on the way. Since I didn't know how much postage you would need for the return, I put in a book of stamps. I figured you could use any extra for other packages.

• debbieca
    17 years ago

Tracy, I am not participating this year. I do have seeds but no time.

Debbie

• downeastwaves
    17 years ago

Maybe folks would be willing to match up their Cottage name with their real name so when we get the seeds we will know "Cottagely" speaking, who we got them from???

Leasa (real and cottage)
    Eastport, ME

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Tracy,
    I'm glad you posted that list! I sent two seed pkgs. that say for Barb. They are for Barb in Ohio. I should of been more specific on the pkgs. So sorry.
    Remy

• fammsimm
    17 years ago

Hi Tracy,

My seeds are on their way. I've also enclosed extra postage for any mailings that are going outside the US.

Something made me smile this past weekend when I was out in the garden. Last year, I received California White Poppies in the seed swap. ( I think they came from Anne. Thank you, Anne!) I planted them and they bloomed beautifully for me this past spring.

Guess what.....they have re-seeded and are growing. Yesterday I noticed small poppy plants, maybe 3 inches high, emerging. I couldn't be happier because they were one of my favorites from last years seed swap. Ditto on the Pink Explorer Petunias. I've got tiny petunia plants now, too.

Love those re-seeders!!!

Marilyn

• homenovice
    17 years ago

Sorry, Tracy, I forgot to include my GW info. I'm Anne (Fullerton).

Thanks!

• irene_dsc
    17 years ago

Well, dh finally found my seeds. How hard and fast is that deadline???

• pansyface2006
    17 years ago

Tracy,
    I put my seeds in the mail on Oct 16 but did not see my name on seeds received. I would hope that you had received them by now.
    Barbara
    Purvis, Ms.

• moonphase
    17 years ago

Mine was mailed the 26th.I sure hope you have them by now.
    moonphase

• Lady_Pennywort
    17 years ago

Wow - we need to hire a secretary for Tracy!
    I can't believe you can keep up with all of this!

And I apologize in advance, my seeds look like a 5 year old packaged 'em up. The labels I bought were too big, some of the plastic baggies were too small and didn't seal well. And I sent lavender, which I have just found out is extremly hard to start from seed, so be forewarned.

But anyway, I'm just excited to be part of the exchange and can't wait to see what comes in the mail.

Happy Halloween!
    fiwa

• faltered
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Pansyface: I think you could possibly be Barbara from Punsis, MO. The name and address on the envelope was hard to read so I took a guess!

Moonphase: Not 100% certain, but I think your seeds came in on Monday. I got about 15 packages on Monday, and I think yours was one of them.

Fiwa: No worries! I thought your packets looked great. I've started lavender from seed successfully; I'm sure there are quite a few gardeners here who would love to give it a try.

Tracy

• pansyface2006
    17 years ago

Tracy

Hope you did receive my seeds. I put a printed return address label with pansies(I think) on the package I sent you. Your address did smudge a little after I wrote it but I do hope it was readable enough to make it to you.
    Barbara

• romando
    17 years ago

When you get a chance, could you please post the names of the people whose packages you've gotten? I don't think anybody expects you to personally email each of us (yikes!), we can just check in here. I know many of us will breathe a sigh of relief knowing that our seeds have reached their (primary) destination!

Amanda 'romando'

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

Amanda,

It's already posted, look up :)

• limequilla
    17 years ago

I think she meant the ones that have some in since last Sunday when the list was posted. I think Tracy said there were 15 that came in on Monday. There are 25 on the first list, plus about 15 on Monday. Maybe a couple of stragglers since then..... YIPPEEEEEEEEEE! I know there are several people who were disappointed in this year's harvest, but I would call 40+ people a BIG SWAP!

Can you imagine what Tracy's dining room table looks like? Or maybe a ping pong table in the basement (gosh I hope so!) I know what my kitchen looked like trying to clean, collect & package for this; I can't imagine what 40 people's contributions would look like when mine was such a big mess!

Hopefully Tracy's new hubby is still in a fog of bliss and doesn't notice the seeds... LOL!

Lime

• gottagarden
    17 years ago

DH (wow, you can call him that now!!!) must be patient for seeing all that clutter and envelopes everywhere. Either that or you are superwoman and keep it tidy. I know if it were me . . . . it would look like laundry - spread out everywhere.

• downeastwaves
    17 years ago

I know how happy I am when I get a package of seeds in the mail, I just can just imagine how much fun it will be to get seeds from my Cottage Garden FRIENDS!!!

It must be fun for Tracy to open all those packets and see what special seeds are in there.....

Leasa

• faltered
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh it IS fun, trust me. But our house is a disaster area right now! I usually try to stay on top of these packages, but so many came in on Monday that I'm quite far behind now. I have envelopes stacked up in the kitchen, a pile in the living room, another pile in the spare bedroom. Yikes!

Amanda, I know yours came in because I just went through them yesterday. Brenda, yours also came in Monday I believe. If I have a spare moment at home this weekend, I'll try to post another list for everyone.

Tracy

• blossomgirl
    17 years ago

Tracy-You are a Saint and so is your hubby!!!

Thank you so much for doing this for all of us!!!!!
    Gigi

• threeorangeboys
    17 years ago

I agree- thanks so much Tracy! My house was a disaster when I was collecting, so I can only imagine having the seeds of 40 people in your house!

Hopefully you got mine- they were in little green packets.
    Wish I were near by that I could come over and help you!
    -three orange boys
    (Sarah)

• faltered
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sarah: Yes, yours came the other day as well. I recall going through them. It's always fun to put screen names with real names.

Tracy

• faltered
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Eduarda: Just wanted to let you know that your seeds arrived yesterday!!

Tracy

• friend
    17 years ago

Hi Tracy,

I hope you got mine too by now! They should have been there by Tuesday :)

Jamie ( Friend)

thanks for letting us all clutter your house. haha

• Eduarda
    17 years ago

Thanks, Tracy! So that was not too bad, I mean, the time in transit. Glad they made it safely to you. Thank you so much for hosting this seed frenzy for us again this year. I remember last year - you had everything so neatly stacked along your counters. I wonder how you'll cope this year, since this will obviously be a larger seed swap... Thank you Mike as well, for letting us indulge in our cottage madness :-) Tracy, if there is anyone who can do it, you're the one!

Eduarda

• haziemoon
    17 years ago

Tracy,
    How many of us sent in seeds?
    I've been dying to know!

I hope you aren't too overwhelmed.

Haziemoon

• faltered
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hazie: I think the number is 43 or thereabouts. I don't remember the exact number. It's about double what we had last year. I'm going to do the actual swapping tomorrow. I'll keep you all posted!

Tracy

• haziemoon
    17 years ago

That is so great! did you expect that many this year?
    I thought there might be about 100, so when I was collecting seeds, I was thinking...more...more more! hahaha

Haziemoon

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company