Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wertach2

If you want fig cuttings send me a SASE.

I finally butchered my 33+ year old fig tree today. It was 30' tall and 40' wide. The main trunk is 24" in diameter or more.

I don't know for sure what kind it is, it was on the property when Dad bought it in 1979. I think it is a brown turkey from all of the comparisons I can find.

If you are interested.

Send me a message through GW and I will give you my address. I have a lot so I will pack as many cuttings as I can in your SASE or box if you want more!

Please respond ASAP because I plan to put the limbs on my big pile of other limbs for our Family bonfire April 1st. The sooner the better because they are kind of in the way right now.

Comments (11)

• plant-one-on-me
    11 years ago

So glad I found this! I just posted a wanted for fig cuttings and will gladly send a sasbe.

• wertach zone 7-B SC
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The figs look like the link I found below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brown Turkey

• wertach zone 7-B SC
    Original Author
    11 years ago

If I get one more off the wall request I will stop this offer. I am not selling, so no Pay-Pal, checks ETC. a SASE only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No more spam either! I've gotten tons! A few bad apples can spoil good intentions!

I stated that I do not know what the actual variety is, it looks like brown turkey. I'm getting requests for pics and detailed descriptions that I can not provide. If you don't read the post which obviously some don't, do not reply! I will not continue to try and help people with something for free!!!!!!

I will give it 2 more day's, unless I get another off the wall request, then it stops on the spot. I am sorry to do this because I'm sure some folks really want them.

They go on the bonfire pile Friday!

• wertach zone 7-B SC
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sorry, I was in a bad mood from other things (work, fighting cats, X girlfriend....) and the spam and questions kinda rubbed me the wrong way.

I dug around and found where I had posted pictures of the tree in May of 2011.

The link is below.

Here is a link that might be useful: My fig

• frankcbd
    11 years ago

wertach: here are your pictures. Hope you don't mind me posting for you. Very nice of you to offer these!

• frankcbd
    11 years ago

I'd send you a SASE, but I've never done one. If I were to send you a padded envelope, how do I value it? I'm assuming you place several stamps on the return envelope based on the weight of the item. Thanks, and don't let those other things stress you out! ;)

• wildforager
    11 years ago

Wertach, I sent you a package today with a Self Addressed Stamped Box for cuttings. Thanks for your generosity!!

-Little John

• wertach zone 7-B SC
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Frank I have no clue how many stamps. If there isn't enough postage it will just arrive with postage due.

• wertach zone 7-B SC
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The offer is over now.

I took cuttings today to send to the folks that sent an SASE and piled the rest up to burn.I needed to get them out of the yard.

• wertach zone 7-B SC
    Original Author
    11 years ago

To the 39 people that responded. I'm going to the post office in the morning. Keep a lookout!

I hope they do well for you!

Ted

• gorgi
    11 years ago

wertach,
    Good gestures like yours (making dozens of members happy), is
    one part that makes fig forums great (my congrats to the recipients).