Houzz Logo Print
marricgardens

todays seedlings

marricgardens
10 years ago

These opened this morning. Some good and some not so good. Marg
{{gwi:846339}}

{{gwi:846340}}

This one doesn't have the best flower IMHO but the plant habit is good. It's opened several times and none of the flowers opens wide.
{{gwi:846341}}

I don't know why I didn't post this one before. It reminds me of Awesome Blossom except that the edge isn't as wide. It's one of my favorites.
{{gwi:846342}}

This one looks like it's trying to poly. Next bloom should be better
{{gwi:846343}}

This is a 3 yr. seedling. With all the rain we've been having it is doing a great job of sending up scapes. Last count there were 34.

Comments (3)

• shive
    10 years ago

I can't believe that last three year old seedling with 34 scapes. Is is a miniature, or a dip spider? Those are the only daylilies I've ever seen increase fast - but never to 34 scapes. That's amazing! The first seedling looks cute. I think it will be very pretty when it opens all the way.

Debra

• marricgardens
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Debra, that 3 year seedling is from a Little Grapette & Swiss Mint cross. Swiss Mint is a fast grower and the flower on Little Grapette is only 2" making them diploid. I thought the fast increase was because of all the rain we've been having. The first seedling is from an Ed Chain & Tropical Pleasure cross. Marg

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Wow! That's a lot of scapes. Your first seedling is pretty and delicate.
    kay