Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
countrynest

plum cottage

countrynest
15 years ago

I salute FlowerLady for her creation of Plum Cottage. Sylvia and I were touring the web site. I told her what a pleasant atmosphere it seems to have. The collection of roses,amazing.

The paths,the grotto,the gate to her secret garden, her main

garden. It all takes one to another place and time.

A time of simplicity. We can see the time and labor of love that FlowerLady,with the help of her best friend and husband

of many years has put into the creation of Plum Cottage.

It is an inspiration FlowerLady!

My felicitations to you and your husband.

(Anyone else that wants to join in congratulating FlowerLady,

Please do so.

Felix

Comments (8)

• florah
    15 years ago

Where is plum cottage? I would like to enjoy it, too.

• msmarion
    15 years ago

Plum Cottage is Flowerlady's home. I've attached a link to her wonderful web site.
    Enjoy!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Plum Cottage

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

I always admire Plum Cottage and the photos!!!!
    Super Stupendous!

• florah
    15 years ago

Can I move into the shed for a while to get inspired for planting my own secret garden? :-) Yours is so lovely, Flower Lady.

• FlowerLady6
    15 years ago

Oh my gosh Felix. What can I say? DH and I just got up from a nap, I sat down here at my computer to see what is going on and saw this thread. I couldn't remember a thread I had started with that name. I started reading to myself, then started reading it out loud to DH hardly able to do so with tears streaming down my face and emotion choking my voice. DH said that is so nice. Then I read the other posts and he said "But, they didn't see the junk!" That made me laugh right out loud.

DH is my best friend. He encourages me, he inspires me to be a better person. I wouldn't be where I am today without him. Together we have created our haven that we call Plum Cottage.

Felix and Sylvia ~ Thank you from my heart for this wonderful post. Thank you for visiting Plum Cottage via the web. You have inspired me to make more web pages. I just made one the other day and will post a separate link to it.

Ms. Marion ~ thank you for posting the link. I had to go there myself to take a quick stroll once again.

GP ~ Thank you for your kind words.

Florah ~ Thank you for liking my shed. I'm afraid it is full though, lol. I hope you will be inspired anyway through pictures.

We named our place Plum Cottage because of the house color that we had specifically mixed up by a paint co. We wanted something in a purple/grey color. I took a book with a picture, took a piece of pine bark and maybe something else to the paint place and the guy started mixing pigments, until he came up with a color that we liked. A cottage color for our little 50's cottage.

We all have created our own unique havens in this world that we live in. Large or small, formal, informal and everything in between they are all beautiful, created in love.

DH are thankful to God the great Creator, for all that we have.

Thank you again I am still emotional over this loving piece.

Sincerely ~ FlowerLady

• countrynest
    Original Author
    15 years ago

FlowerLady,
    I am so glad you were moved by the thread. I really meant
    every word. The written words like the stories,recipe and all was inspiring.
    Thank you for sharing with us.
    Felix

• tannatonk23_fl_z9a
    15 years ago

Add me to the list of people that think Plum Cottage is perfect! I love everything about it and FlowerLady's photos are always a treat!

You are a very nice man, Felix.

~Betsy

• FlowerLady6
    15 years ago

Felix ~ DH and I are still talking about your kind post today. Thank you again.

Betsy ~ Thank you, glad you like the pics. Perfect? I don't think so. Pleasing, comfortable, ever evolving, but not perfect by any means.

I agree that Felix is a kind man, with a sweet loving wife.

FlowerLady